Tuesday, May 26, 2009

been awhile but whatever

I don't really know why I haven't blogged in so long. Just haven't had anything I wanted to say. But now I do.

I went to try my bridesmaid dress on for sis's wedding (less than 2 weeks!). It was tight. boo. Just in the waist (well no, it was tight everywhere but in a nice hold everything in sort of way). But they have to take it out in the waist. Now I know I have a thick waist. It doesn't pinch in nice and skinny, I'm more boy shaped. They're actually taking the hips in a bit which should make me feel better but doesn't. I left the store embarrassed and upset and mad at myself. I spent the last 3 months (since we ordered them) GAINING weight instead of losing it like I wanted to. Now it's too late to do anything significant (2 weeks?).

But I'm not one to wallow in self pity. I wanted a little pout about it and that didn't make me feel better so I'm moving on. I'm going to lift weights every day until the wedding (well every day I'm home, shower this saturday won't allow it. But I can run in the morning).

I'd say run every day as well but I'm battling an epic cold (I think you pay for it when you don't get sick for years). I had a horrible time getting to sleep last night and today I feel like my head is going to explode and my brain is leaking out my eyes and nose. Gross. So I don't think running is the best option. When I feel good I'm doing intervals. (I have to teach step tonight still). They still my have to take my dress out, but my arms will look at least right? No arm fat or bulges out the top (strapless).

Anyway, I'm also busy with work (maybe that's why I've been gone). Plus so busy with sis's everthing. Today I was asked to give a toast to the bride. Ok, I've got 10 days, no problem. I only have to make the whole slideshow (finally got the pictures yesterday from the "helpful" girl who volunteered to do the grooms side), and throw a shower for the bride, finish making her gift (cookbook of family secret recipes, I've been cooking everything and taking pictures of it. Why didn't I think of this idea months ago? Instead I've been cooking like crazy for the last 2 weeks). SO MUCH STUFF! Plus now she's trying to do little get together things, like manicures next week, making her church programs this week. I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!!!

anyway, busy so gotta go.

5 comments:

eurydice said...

ah, that sucks, when you have so much time to do something and then suddenly it's 2 weeks away and you haven't done it yet. i know how you feel - i have a thicker waist too. or maybe we just have smaller hips so it seems that way! ;)

Jen said...

Holy girl!!!! You are CRAZY busy!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the dress!

I am the same way with getting sick - I NEVER get sick, but when I do, it's BAD!!!

Take it easy (as much as you can!)

Anonymous said...

Ugh, that sucks. I hope what you have IS just a cold, and not a sinus infection, which are SO hard to get rid of!

I hope you feel better soon!

Angela Power said...

Okay maybe two weeks isn't enough time to shrink your waste significantly, but you are the type of person who responds to weight training almost immediately, so I'm willing to bet that if you focus on that, you'll feel firmer and stronger and it will show. That sucks about the cold though, that'll make it harder for sure :-(

Also don't forget that the dress is being altered to fit you perfectly and you're going to look gorgeous in it because you're a smokin' hottie! Girl those dresses are DESIGNED to make girls feel bad about themselves no matter what they look like! No?! It's true!

SeaBreeze said...

I have Jillian Michael's Book Making the Cut and for a 7-Day Peaking Plan she recommends:

Two Options to sweat it out...
1) Sauna for 2x20mins sessions w/ 10min rest between
2) Intense cardio for 60mins wearing a sweatshirt.
They both suck but they work and you SHOULDN'T rehydrate as that defeats the purpose.

Drink 100oz of water throughout the day everyday. Period.

Breakfasts: 6 scrambled egg whites with green veggies cooked without added fats

Lunches: Protein Oriented Ex. 5oz of turkey wrapped in lettuce with tomato OR 1 can of tune on a bed of lettuce with balsamic vinegar...

Snack: 20 Raw or dry-roasted nuts, celery with 2tbsp peanut butter, 3 slices of watermelon, or 3 large carrots

Dinner: Protein Oriented. 6oz of lean protein w/ any one of the following: steamed kale, eggplant, zucchini, green beans, cauliflower, or asparagus

I know it doesn't look like much, and its not, but it might get you what you want...