Thursday, February 5, 2009

strange appetite

So now here it is lunch time, and I'm usually counting the minutes to lunch, and i'm not all that hungry. Except I am at the same time. My stomach is growling and ready to eat, but my mind isn't really. It's usually the other way around. I eat when my brain tells me it's time (either cause I'm bored, or it's time to eat or I know it will taste good or something). But now it's my stomach. and I don't feel like listening to it. odd odd odd. I will. I'll go heat up my food right now.

What am I eating? THis really good concoction I made up. I had cooked chicken breast I reheated. I was planning on making some kind of noodle bowl with shredded cabbage, because I happen to have a lot right now. But then saw the recipe I was going to use was for sweet and sour noodle bowl. Didn't sound good. So instead I sort of made up a recipe for a teriyaki noodle bowl. But then forgot the cabbage. duh. But it's still really good. I used bok choy for the first time ever. Just adds to the restaurant flavour. quickly steamed that with some onions, snap peas, a bit of green pepper (add the cabbage here!) some oyster sauce and some soya sauce. I also cooked some bean vermicelli in chicken stock and then mixed it in with the chicken breast shredded up. Yum! A bit too salty though. I gotta start getting low sodium stuff. Chicken broth and soy sauce was too much.

Hubby said it needed more vegetables. Neither of us could believe that.

On my way home I stopped at the grocery store to grab a few treats for the trip. Lemon Luna bars were on sale so I bought 4 of them. I've never had one before. Hopefully they're good.

tonight my little brothers are coming over to help point our satellite dish. They're tall so they'll be able to reach from the top of the ladder. I told them I'd cook for them if they tried. So I'm just thawing out burgers. That and a salad should be lots. Then we're also going to try and watch Lost from yesterday. It's so much more fun to watch with somebody else, they might remember things you don't and you can freak out at the same things (CHARLES WHITMORE WAS A SOLDIER ON THE ISLAND?!?!). Should be fun.

Then tomorrow we're off. We get in to Calgary around 1:00, I booked us a couple's massage at 4:00. So we'll probably just hang out at the hotel until then. Hubby didn't want to make any plans at all, just see what he felt like doing. (that so doesn't work for me, what am I supposed to pack? Are we going out? staying in? shopping? walking? touristing?) I'm hoping we can go to a movie since we've got gift certificates. Maybe the Keg if there's one down town (another gift certificate). If he wants to just hang out in the hotel room and watch tv that's ok too. (since I haven't had tv in almost a month it will be like a treat). Or I might ditch him and go make-up shopping. Cat's concealer post had me written all over it. (maybe find a Sephora? We don't have that here). Maybe I can even find weird grocery things we don't have in SK. Like ezeckial bread. (any Calgarian's know 'bout this one?)

Ok, so today is my friday. Hope you guys have a good weekend! I know I will!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww i hope you have a ton of fun. that sounds like a blast.

SeaBreeze said...

I like the lemon luna bars, but my BF tried one yesterday and said the texture was "odd". I'm looking forward to hearing your verdict.

Jen said...

I agree, sounds like a fun trip!!!

I CANNOT go out of town without SOME kind of plan...otherwise I wouldn't be able to lift my suitcase!! Seriously!

I hope you go makeup shopping (I hope that didn't come out bad!!) I just mean that I have LOADS of fun makeup shopping!!

Either way, have a fun weekend!
(I didn't know Charles was a soldier on the island either...)

Anonymous said...

ok so i just went and got a lemon luna bar because of this post. :) not a fan, but I kept eating it anyways. haha. let me know what you think!

Fatinah said...

there is a Keg downtown and there is a Sephora in Market Mall in the NW

Anonymous said...

The Keg is on 12th Avenue (or maybe it's 11th, I forget) and 5th street. We used to go there for lunch when I was working. There's also a Sephora in Chinook Mall, which is only a few blocks away from the "Chinook" C-Train station.

Vanessa said...

Oooh, have fun!

I absolutely love Lost. Too bad I can't find time to watch more than half an episode at a time lately :P