Friday, February 1, 2008

Feb 1 - a brand new day

So I had a great little day yesterday. Lunch wasn't the GREATEST, but it was alright. (I was gonna get a salad and should have got the spinach salad which looked good, but I got the buffalo chicken club with lemon rice soup. no fries, so that's really the only real good part, oh, and just drank water) But I went to the gym and had a really good run. (still got a blister folks, but my foot wasn't quite healed from the last blister so that may be affecting it. Plus it's in a weird place, almost on the arch of my foot, I didn't get any blisters up by the toe where I usually get blisters, so there may be something to these wicking socks still). the run was really good. I find it hard to do intervals on the track since there's a lot of people to avoid, and they look at your like your crazy when you sprint past them and then start jogging and they have to pass you. So I just did a steady state thing, estimating 5k ish, running for 34 minutes. (probably more than 5k since I usually do 5k in less than 30 minutes.) But I just love once I pass the 10 minute mark and then tunes kick in and you're just in the zone.

The yesterday was also awesome because even though I got home at 7:00 (I usually eat by 6) I still made an awesome healthy supper instead of just cereal or something. I stirfried some veggies up with just broth and soy sauce and grilled a couple chicken breasts in roasted red pepper salad dressing. I also had a small bun and my fancy pants yogurt for dessert. WHILE WATCHING LOST! yay! I also had a diet coke. thursday night is a night where I want a treat (because of tv) but I don't want to eat one because of WI on friday. So, hence the diet coke.

I thought it was just awesome. So I was terribly upset to wake up to a WI of 140.0. A gain of 2 lbs. Obviously something is up because I didn't have a really bad week or anything. Thank god I'm not the type who'll get depressed over this. But I do have to admit I was a little choked.

But then I remembered that I don't care.

Well about the scale. I do care about fat. So I took measurements. I'm up slightly from the last time (which was Dec 5th when I had a WI of 135). About 1/4 inch on all my measurments. I wish I took more pictures before Christmas. Because I feel like I have more muscles than I did then, which would explain the gain, but I don't really have proof. Lesson to all of you! Take pictures frequently.

As I am about it. Once a month. For my new monthly goals.

For February I will:

weigh 136 by the end of the month (I wanted to say lose 2 lbs, but since I had a weird 2 lb gain this week it looks like 4 lbs.)

eat a veggie and protein meal twice a week (minimum) salad with tuna, or stir fry. No starch.

Track foods. (I know I know, I hate this, but I don't have to enter it anything except write it down in a notebook or something)

Ok so that's good. I'm debating not doing the track food. But I did pick a good month for it since it's shorter. I hate tracking food. I hate the counting, the "dieting" associated. But I know it works, and I know it should help. Ok I can do it...I know that I'd be further along on this weight loss thing if I ate less (well duh) but I mean I eat good food. Really good. Next to no snack food (packaged stuff) I make "real" meals all the time. But I just eat too much. the end. stop it. I need more veggies and less fruit. (seems weird but there's a big nutritional difference right) More protein less starches.

Anyway, those are the goals. My pictures end of the month will be of my food log, the scale, and of course the head on and profile.

anybody else wanna share?

6 comments:

green girl said...

I feel the same way about tracking... I usually write down everything that I eat up until I leave work, and then I don't feel like getting the notebook out to track after dinner. I do find it easier when I don't count, but just write down the food - it can still help!

Good thing you are not obsessing about the 2lbs, could it be just water retention from the soy sauce at dinner... ? Anyways, you'll lose it in no time! Your goals look pretty good, I'll cheer for you!

Unknown said...

i bet if you weigh yourself in 2 days it will be gone. your scale is just retarded today.

so for the pact, if I understand your comment to me correctly, do I have to post one on the 1st and the last day of the month? I will do it if that is the rule. hahah :-)

Jenn said...

Hi Randi!
Your goals sound great, definately reasonable. And I agree with Cara, your scale is being stupid today!

And in regards to writing down what you eat, I think that journaling really does help you stay accountable. You don't have to post what you eat, or even do an online journal like sparkpeople.com, but writing things down will help you see a pattern. You might notice that you are eating too much of one thing (you said you need to eat less fruit and more veggies, right?). I think that you should give it a try!
I'm going to get some pictures posted tonight after I work out. :)

Lex said...

Gahh 2lbs for me also. Boo. Oh well, just something to work towards for the rest of the month. Not a huge set back.

Unknown said...

Will measure tonight. Forgot to do it until last night right before bed. Ooops. I promise I am still in on the whole thing though! :-)

eurydice said...

they say that tracking is the key to success...