Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Countdown...

So thanks to Anne I know that there is only 3 months, 20 days until Christmas. And like her, I have that day as a goal to be at goal. (well obviously I'd like it earlier, mid November would be ideal but being realistic).
And you know what I have been doing alright. But I haven't been doing the things that used to really work. Why have a switched it up? Because I thought it was a cake walk. But I realized it's not. Even if I think I don't do anything differently I must. What am I talking about? Irregular weigh-ins. And not recording weight. Also, no weekly goals. And of course, being happy with any loss and realizing this is a marathon not a sprint! So starting..............NOW I'm back at it. Please help me out if you see me slipping from these. So the goals I want FOREVER that you need to keep me to are:

Friday morning weigh ins. Just worked the best for me.

Blog every day (that I work, not holidays and weekends)

Post weekly goals every monday

Exercise minimum 3 days a week

Eat 5 mini-meals

Monthly measurements (end of month)

Track food - this is a new one for me. i'll just put it in here, i may not check calories etc every time.

I know there's more but that's all I can think of right now. There's not much in there that will actually help me lose weight, just keep track of what I'm doing, much more structured. i'll see when I go off track.
And here's why I need that. I'm slipping. for the first time EVER! I never understood the f*ck it attitude and pigging out. I never got it. The well I already feel off the wagon, I'll start again tomorrow and pig out tonight. Well I had that last night! I just wanted to eat. Well I always want to eat. (I used to say that it's my favorite thing to do). But I'd eaten supper, and dessert, but there was so much good food in my house that I just wanted to try it all. So I ate probably 2 suppers worth last night. My stomach was actually uncomfortable but my mouth liked the taste of the poppy seed loaf and wanted more so I had another slice. I actually felt the little angel and devil on my shoulder. I never hear the devil! So something's going on. therefore I need an intervention. Hence - goals!
Again, as I am a positive person and don't get upset and can find the good in everything, I'm listening to the fitcast right now (podcast, just google it) and it's a guy talking about the Cheat to Lose diet and this pig out could totally help kick start my losses again. Let's hope!
So weekly goals:
- No seconds at any meal. You know what you're planning on eating, stop letting your mouth dictate your stomach!
- Plan out suppers in advance. (I'll do this tonight for the rest of the week)
- Get on the bike at least once (big ride is this weekend!)
- Only weigh in on friday! this couple times a day is messing with my emotions!
- Stay on track on the weekend! I can eat more - as I'll be burning calories and will need the energy. But eat healthy, fresh, unprocessed foods.
- eat cottage cheese 3 times!

I'm definately out of practice for this! I can't think of any goals! I'm going too easy. Hopefully I'll have better ones next week.
here's my food today:
breakfast - chocolate protein and plain yogurt, granola bar (unhealthy one, chocolate chip, this was a dessert for breakfast. that's why there's no seconds allowed this week, I didn't need this extra!)
snack - protein bar
lunch - beef veggie soup from MIL, I think it's fairly healthy. Lots of veggies, broth soup. But I brought a lot, cantaloup, yogurt
snack - black bean brownie, kiwi
supper - beef quesadillas (left over steak) I'll try and load in the onions and peppers, maybe have myself a mostly veggie one with less cheese.
dessert - (I know I'm going to have it!) cottage cheese smoothie! get a goal in with it!

ok, well I feel like this will be alright. I don't think I'm doing badly, I just feel like it should be melting off faster, seeing more changes in my clothes or whatever. I did an informal measurement this morning because I felt like I was getting fatter (the mirror and my eyes told me so) but things haven't increased and there was a slight decrease in a few areas. So I know what I have to do and it's working. My girlie issues seem to be coming out or something ("I feel fat"). I just have to trust that it's working, and stop checking so frequently. Really once a week is PLENTY! Anybody else feel like this ever? How'd you get over it?

5 comments:

Bri said...

Hey - I think you are doing really well! Not like I'm some expert or something, but I don't think your loss at this time is slow at all, especially since you don't have much to lose. Also, the slower it comes off, the better you will look, and the easier it will be to keep it off.

Candace MacPherson said...

Just MAYBE you're over-analyzing. As for daily weigh-ins, if you're gonna do them you HAVE to just use them as a tool to see how you're body reacts to different foods, times of day, etc. No taking these seriously. Seriously! My weekly weigh-ins are in the evening, right? I was 164.4 last week. My scale is a dial, BUT it's accurate. You know what? I still saw 170 this week. No biggie - I know why and don't really care. It was just after a huge supper that I didn't need, but that was OK - all within plan. I will be levelled out by tomorrow evening.

Next, weekly goals are great. I like to keep some general goals to be re-visited monthly, but the weekly ones are the ones I keep switching up. Last week it was to 'ramp up' my work-outs in minutes and intensity. This week I'm adding 50 jumping jacks each morning just to get the heart pumping.

Food wise, I just follow WW GHG's. These are fairly basic: water, F&V, dairy, and oil.
Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

I just have to weigh myself every morning, I even enter the info into FitDay! I can now generate a really cool chart that shows all the ups and downs--but the key is that the line always goes down overall. I like that I can compare my average loss over the past week, 2 weeks, month, 2 months etc. so I can see if my average loss is decreasing. That way I can kick it up a knotch if things look to be heading plateau-ward. I suppose I could do the same with weekly measuring, but it's not as much fun(I'm anal that way). But I never make eating choices based on a single weigh-in.

I second Candace's suggestion to follow the WW guidelines, and also try to choose the most filling/least calorie choices as much as possible. Cottage cheese is a good choice, one cup is only 1 point more than skim milk, but is way more filling, probably because it has more protein than the milk.

Carolyn said...

I think your goals are great and definitely achievable. You can do it. Just think about how great you're going to feel after a few days totally OP. You can do this!

I'm giving up my Mid-week Weight ins too. They are going to cause me a mental breakdown. Friday morning. That's it.

You're absolutel right that it's a marathon, not a sprint so hang in there!

PS.. Cottage cheese smoothie?? What's in that now?

katieo said...

" I just have to trust that it's working, and stop checking so frequently."

DINGDINGDINGDING! You are correct!

As for the pigging out and impatience. We've ALL been there. What you do right now with those expectations and whether or not you can CHILL out and ride through this -- imo, that's the difference between success and *trying.* You're naturally positive, so naturally THIS is where it counts!! When the scale's NOT moving, when you DON'T feel like working out, When you're tempted to be impatient and get discouraged. Just ride it out, it WON'T last forever. I think the goals are great. When I feel a little laggy I sometimes come up with a couple little mini-goals to scoot up the gratification.
You're awesome Randi, You KNOW you're awesome, you'll totally reach goal, and probably well before Christmas too. Slow and steady wins the race girl.