Monday, July 9, 2007

Me and Daisy



So we decided on Daisy for the name of our puppy. That way people will know it's a girl. (it was Dusty but that's a boy name). We were going to name her Itchy because she's always scratching. It's not fleas (we dont' think) but just dandruff and sensitive skin. Maybe mosquito bites. She sleeps outside and the first time we put her in the dog run and left her she only barked once and cried for 3 minutes and then was fine. Has been fine since! We had 2 accidents in the house but that was before we learned where we were supposed to go. (listen to me talk here! "We went potty. We can sit." no SHE went potty! Dont' babytalk about your dog Randi!) Anyway, she CAN sit already. We were working on that one as soon as we picked her up and she was getting it pretty good. But then we took her to Petsmart and met the trainer there and she just did it over and over and with a signal and now she knows how by just doing this signal. So far we do it with food. I'm not sure when we should stop that and just give her hugs and pets. She also walks good on a leash which is awesome. At first she tugs a lot but it's because she's excited, when I remind her I'm the boss she's good. Also, when we jog she's better because she tuckers out quick. 15 minutes max. When she gets bigger I think she'll do better. Plus we were thinking about puppy school. But there another $100. We did get a cheap dog but she's already gotten spoiled with treats and toys and everything. Plus she's going to end up bigger than we though (said the Petsmart trainer) so we had to get a bigger kennel so there's another $100. She's really funny too. She'll be super hyper 1 minute and you can't get her to sit still then the next she's sleeping and if you pet her she'll go in her kennel so you can't get her. hyper and mellow. But I'm so excited. I could go on and on. But that's not what this blog is about so I'll stop.


This blog is about losing weight. And it's Monday. And that means judgement day. da da dum...... 146.0. Hurray! I know some of you had said that you do a little dance when it's a loss. Well I get so nervous and anxious. I feel better if it's a .3 loss than a couple pounds. Makes me think it's not real or now next week will either be harder or a gain, or I'll get complacent and quit. I gotta work on celebrating here! That's 1 pound away from first minigoal! Sure glad I made those rewards last week! Plus I finally got my husband to take a before picture - though it's not really because he took it last night. But it's still on the camera.


So how am I going to get another loss and hit that goal and go to a movie by next week? With mini-goals!


1. eat half fruit or veggies at every meal. Still got lots from that grocery trip


2. take Daisy walking at least 45 minutes a day. (15 in the am, 30 in the pm)


3. strength train every second day. (tues, thurs, sat or sun)


4. GO BIKING AT LEAST ONCE! It's been on goals for a long time but I still have only gone the one time. Oops. It's less for weight loss but more for training for that bike tour day!




ok so I think those are doable. The hardest one is the walking, every single day! getting up early and walking in the am! (which I did this morning I might add in a very snotty voice) but I think that's going to be really good for Daisy so she's not left in the dog run for 17 hours straight. Seems too mean.




Ok so I just wanna finish by saying thanks for reading this. It's weird to think people I don't even know know all the things I put in here! And I really appreciate comments, whether they are answers to questions I've posted or congrats or questions or telling me I screwed up. Plus I love finding other blogs to read every day and make work a little more fun! So thanks for commenting!


Monday's question: how do I get over my success anxiety and get happy about big losses! (also puppy tips are invited!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heyy. CUTE PUP! I love her. Daisy such a cute name. My little girl is 12 weeks, I answered you on my blog but didn't know if you would see it right away. She is a very good girl. Congrats on the WI. Yay.

dizzydazey said...

Congratulations on Your New Puppy!

Daisy is a precious name - I'm rather fond of it myself! hee hee!

Girl, I don't know what's wrong with you - I'd be tee teeing myself if I'd lost that much. Own your victories! You're doing great - there's not a monster around the corner that's gonna get you because your rockin the program. Say, "I'm awesome!" next time you step on the scale and see that loss - that's how I'd celebrate it! :o)

Anne said...

Congrats on the loss! Your puppy is adorable :)

dizzydazey said...

about your comment on my blog:

Thanks for the advice! If I were to use weights would 5 pound weights be enough to be considered "strenght training?"

(sorry I didn't know where else to put this - again!)

katieo said...

Hey, we wanna see pictures!
You gotta celebrate being in the 140's. Because even if screw up one day and tip into the 150's, 146 is solid. 7 more and you're in the 130's!