Tuesday, July 10, 2007

how good am I really...

Whew! Thank goodness for autosave! I thought I lost this!

So I just remembered something that I forgot to write about. I ate fast food burgers for lunch saturday and for supper saturday! Yet I went on about how good I'm doing and waiting for it to blow up. Well maybe it has! Minor victory - no fries for me. I ate 5-ish fries of my brother's for lunch and 3ish onion rings of my husbands for supper. Fries are WHY I eat fast food. So that was good. But geez! Maybe I'm delusional about how good I'm doing, tricking myself with the scale or something. Well that's an insight for you all into my mentality, I always look on the positive! I'm not the type to dwell on something bad, whenever something sucks or bad happens or I have a fight, I'll get over it in about 1.4 minutes and then forget what was even that matter. I guess I'm that way with food too! If I eat something bad, (just like I tell all of you) I let it go, hey I enjoyed that but now I'm on track. Perhaps I take it too far...

So Daisy and I went for a jog monday morning and again this morning. Unfortunately not HIIT, because I don't think she can handle it. Also, I'm getting pooped! I don't know exactly why, whether it's because it's first thing in the morning, 1/2 hour before I usually get up, or because I'm holding a leash, or had just about the whole last week off of running but something's feeling different. And this little puppy is screwing up my routine. Yesterday I forgot my fibre drink, today I forgot my vitamins! Plus I'm not getting enough sleep because I feel bad having her in her kennel too long, so I'm not going to bed early and I am getting up early. Hopefully I fix that tonight.

Another thing for the old bloggy - hopefully tonight I'll download the camera and we'll get that before picture up. Also, I want to take measurements tonight and we can put those up. There is good news there, I occasionally sneak peaks at that, mostly belly button (aka target area #1). And it's looking good, close to an inch in a month! I'm really happy about that. I have noticed that I no longer stress as much about what to wear in the morning. Just a month ago, I was having trouble with even my bras fitting properly, that made half my shirts look funny and I was getting pretty consistant muffin tops on my pants. It doesn't really matter much as I sit alone in my office most of the day. But still, it's really nice to be able to wear underwear properly again! Plus I've got some sort of (confusing) happy news. These pants I've got on today, I was noticing how much nicer they are fitting, no longer completely unsightly in the inner thigh, I have to do the drawstring up or they'll fall a little bit (they've got a button and zipper and the drawstring). Anyway, just went pee and noticed they're a size 7! How 'bout that? I think it's a weird size though because the pants I'm dying to fit in again are size 9 and I can't. but different stores and all. But I remember 3+ years ago when the first time I was able to buy a size 7, and that's when I WAS small. So it's nice to have that sort of flashback and know that that's getting closer day by day!

So tonight is weight training again. I love it! I am contributing all of my progress to it. Not that I think my muscles are growing (though my butt is looking better :) ) but I think that the way I'm doing the circuit is actually acting like interval training. In particular the lunges get my completely out of breath, and I'm completely dead and sweating when i'm done the whole thing. So I'm really happy about that, especially because it doesn't FEEL that hard while I'm doing it, I can do it during tv and bad weather, and it only takes 20-30 minutes! So I'll do that, and probably just a walk for the dog tonight. I should do my bike ride but hubby doesn't have his bike yet and it would be nice to go together. we'll see.

Anyway today I wanna hear about what you're doing. I know you're losing weight, trying to not eat junk, eat more veggies, walk 3 days a week or something. But where is your success coming from? Is it switching your pop to diet? Is it sticking to WW and journaling every day? What's working for you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randi, I've lost 6 kilos (13 pounds) over the last two months by eating 18 ww points per day (or less) and working out. I make a 0 points vegie soup that ww recommend and eat it every day for lunch. I've got a long way to go, another 10 kilos (26 pounds) till I get back to my original pre-baby weight of 48 kilos (106 pounds). But I do drink 1 diet soda a day and try and eat lots of 0 point foods. It works!!! Good luck, your blog is excellent.

katieo said...

I've loved coming here lately and reading how well your doing! It's helpful for the rest of us who are in a (or are working on getting over) a slump.

"hey're a size 7! How 'bout that? I think it's a weird size though because the pants I'm dying to fit in again are size 9 and I can't"

Pants sizes are totally whack.

You are too funny, I loved your comment on SS, "flush the pounds away!" LOL!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the size 7's. puppies are hard work eh? i commend you on getting up half an hour early to walk Daisy. I plan on that every morning for Libby but I end up hitting snooze and then it's too late. good for you.

Candace MacPherson said...

Hi Randi, WOW, a size 7 - and I'm exciting to be fitting into my 14's again! Single digits bewilder me - even at my thinnest I wasn't less than a 10 - and that was near the bottom of my healthy range when I was 18, 130lbs, and too thin IMO.
I joined WW as well as a recent Sparks challenge that I'm hoping will kick me into doing more activity (shhh, don't say 'exercise' or my body will rebel). I weigh-in tonight, but was down 8.8 lbs overall last week to 177.2 :0 Still a long ways to go.
I'm going to come back and search for the details of your weight training later on.
Cheers, Candace

Randi said...

kitty - good for you on your loss. And holy smokes you've got a hellova goal there! Just make sure you are eating enough. Our bodies will hold it if they think we're starving!

katieo - have I ever told you how much I love hearing how funny I am :) and yeah, pants are whack.

shannon - well I didn't make it up this morning to walk her so don't feel bad!

Candace - pants are whack. When I was my smallest I was a 7, and I'm not there now so I don't know where I got these pants. I read somebody's blog and they called it vanity sizing. Uh-huh. Good luck on your challenge!

dizzydazey said...

Hey!

I'm excited about working up to running, but I'm going to be sure and pick up some hand weights and follow your advice. (which, BTW, thanks for all the advice)

It's awesome that you're wearing 7's whether they're vanity sizing or not!! Big Kudos to You!!