Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Drum roll please....

Well ladies and gentlemen, this is the moment you've been waiting for...well I've been waiting for! It after the long weekend and just how did I do? Well according to my unofficial cheat peak last week - I MAINTAINED! Or if you compare to my last official weigh in - it's a loss. (I whispered that, as I'm saying this all in my head I actually whispered that!) It's tough to believe.
My weekend was .... alright. I stuck to plan on friday and saturday like I set out to do. Didn't have my "treat" on friday so I had 2 on saturday. My little brother's grad party, mom made a brunch/breakfast themed feast. So there were bagels and fruit and pancakes and whipped cream (nutriwhip). So I had a brunch plate that wasn't too terrible. But the snacks really got me. Mom made breakfast themed cookies - oatmeal and peanut butter. I don't even know how many I had for sure. But it wasn't nuts or anything. But you have to understand how much I love cookies. It was my first word! I can't make them because I'll eat the whole batch in a day. So the only time I get them is at things like this. So I may have indulged a bit much. But really wasn't too bad considering how good I was on the booze (none) and cake (1). Then it was a big cabaret and party at my MIL's farm where all our friends were staying for the ball tournament. I was in some kind of messed up mood - I didn't like any of my friends, everything they were doing was annoying me or pissing me off. I can only assume it had to do with TOM which as readers will know, has been screwy. It didn't help that somehow my hubby let out of the bag to EVERYONE that I'm on a diet and trying to lose weight (while I wasn't there). So when I was offered some jerky and turned it down this girlfriend of a friend said "oh yeah, you're on a diet, you can't eat this." well I may be trying to eat healthy but I don't call it "on a diet" and I'll talk about it with my closer friends but I don't want to talk about it with a girlfriend of a friend or want my guy friends to know that I think I'm fat or anything. So I was sorta pissed at my hubby because that was the one thing I asked him to not talk about this weekend and the first thing he does is let it out of the bag! But I was more pissed at this girl who actually said that because it's none of her business. She said it later as well, when she passed me the chips, she said "hey wait, you're on a diet, you're not supposed to be eating that". Shut up. It's not your problem. yes I ate some chips, no they are not "diet" friendly. But we aren't good friends where you can take them away from me or say you're just looking out for me. I hardly know you, and don't need you monitoring my eating habits! Oh she pissed me off. and embarrassed me! Doesn't she know that's an embarrassing thing to say to a person? I think that's partly what my mood was about. But I didn't have a lot of fun at the cabaret. Just sat there. All my friends got drunk and when you're sober and your friends are drunk, everything they do is annoying and juevenile. Plus I had to deal with the homecoming reunion feeling that was there. Seeing people I haven't seen in 6 years that I went to high school with and all those sort of feelings. Plus the girls talked me into wearing a different shirt than I wanted to that made me self conscious all night and a strapless bra so couldn't dance properly and everything. Just not a good night. Then went back to the farm and people hung out in the hot tub and like I told you - no bikini's yet. So I didn't go in. But I was hanging out outside and that's where the chips were. So that happened. Oh well. It wasn't nuts.
What was nuts was the next day. There was pancake breakfast which was fine. But I don't know what I was craving but it made me munch all day. Actually I needed some veggies and fruits instead of chips and cheese and that sort of thing. But that's all they had! Now I know I should be bringing home a fruit salad or something for day after party day. Then as my MIL didn't want to cook and it was my BIL's birthday (friends had left) we ordered pizza and ribs and wings. Again, I didn't do too bad, ate 2 pieces of pizza and a salad. Would have liked to eat something different but that's what was for supper. oh well. Then left over chips were out all night and again I indulged. chips and cookies. my two worst nemeses. But even after all that, and more cookies on monday, still at a loss from a week ago. Guess I most have done alright the week leading up to it. Plus all in all, I don't think you really can do much damage in 3 days. Most of it goes right through you. That's why serious body people can have a cheat day. not a cheat snack every day. But one day a week, it's not going to do much. It's when it's every single day that your body can metabolize it. So to all of my fellow Canadians who've let themselves go for the Canada Day long weekend. Come back now! You've had your fun but leave it at what it is - a holiday. Now it's back to real life and the real work. Don't beat yourself up, no permanent damage. Drink some extra water and get back on track.

No comments: