Thursday, July 5, 2007

puppy talk


Well I'm so excited. We finally decided on a puppy and I'm going to pick her up this Saturday! Yay! Hubby and I do not like the same kinds of dogs we found out. Why are we suprised though, we don't seem to have the same taste in anything! So we're getting my choice, ;). Mine is more practical for a house dog, smaller. Hubby wanted a husky! While she was beautiful, she was huge! So she's a terrier mix from the pound. Getting spayed today. I have to drive 1.5 hours to get her and the pound lady is also driving 1.5 hours. So that's a bit more of an expense as well, but still, total cost will be $200 (including fuel for pound lady, spay, shots, and chip). So then we'll also have to buy food and dishes and collars and stuff but really not too bad. But I'm so nervous! I feel like we're rushing it. We've got to overhaul our house tonight - puppy proof it, put the gate up on the fence. Figure out what we're going to do with her until the dog run is finished (we're thinking just super long rope in the dog run, she can't get caught on anything over there and it's pretty shady.) I'm just nervous that she might be bad. Like digging or run away. We're planning on going to puppy school but not for a few weeks. I've never had a pet that I was responsible for before! Mom and dad had cats, but they're easy. They want to "go" in litter boxes where they can bury. plus they don't do tricks or dig or anything. They claw furniture but only when they want to go out or something. plus, they can find their own food if they have to. Puppies are completely dependant on you! If anybody has good tips for crate training or stopping barking or anything please share!
Back on topic though. last night I did NOT go for a bike ride. Hubby had a girl cancel last minute on his ball team so I had to play. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I never struck out, but I did hit the ball to the same place everytime and got someone else out. I played back catcher (or bat catcher?) and the first inning was so weird, I couldn't throw the ball properly! Kept going to almost 1st base! Rolled off my fingers weird and way up high or straight in the dirt. But after the 1st I was good. I should clarify. I don't play ball. I used to in high school play softball, catcher, and I had all the equiptment on and could stop anything, throw people out at 2nd no problem. But then when I stopped playing softball, I stopped the ball with my shins and whole body because I had the equiptment, but once that was gone I was scared of the ball! especially if it was coming near my shins. I couldn't bend over and put my glove in the way because I was scared it would pop in my face! So I quit all together for years because I was just too scared of the ball, even playing catch! But last night they needed me and I played. I felt sort of bad. There's girls on the team who really suck. they had to tell them to run to first after a hit or explain tagging up. one of the girls said she didn't know how to sprint. So everyone was like "oh you're so good Randi, you should play" but I still don't want to. It was stressful for me! Plus not a good enough workout to count as that. Though it was different. Shoulder muscles used differently, squatting to get the ball a million times. But the cardio just wasn't there. Running the bases is not far enough.
Also, cardio wise, I'm not sure if my puppy is going to be big enough to run with me! Her legs are so short! She might be a jogging/walking puppy. That's ok. I think that won't count as my cardio, but just a bonus exercise. Oh I'm so excited!
And sports fans, I'm disappointed in the responses to the feta question! So far no new ideas!
I know this blog is getting really long but I thought of more things to say, so you can tune out if you want to!
supper yesterday. Well I hadn't eaten when Hubby asked me to play so I quickly made a protein shake (very good but not very big, only 3/4 cup or something!), some peanut butter toast, a kiwi (had to have the fruit in there!) and a fruit to go bar. Not 100% of my nutrients and well balanced and stuff but better than grabbing a quick burger! So tonight I'm thawing out chicken. Souvlaki for hubby, breast for me. I could have the souvlaki but it's bought kind and i'm just not a fan. And I get bbq corn on the cob to go with it!
scale sneak peak. Well I no longer care if I peak at the scale. It does interesting things but I don't put too much stock in it on a daily basis. Last night before I went to bed it was 152. and it's always higher before bed, dont know why, just all the food from the day and stuff. then I woke up this morning, went pee, and it was 148. Where do 3 pounds go when you're sleeping? I couldn't have peed 3 lbs worth could I? I never understand where they weight goes when you lose it. does it all just go down the toilet? sweat? Conservation of mass people! It has to go somewhere! But that sneak peak was suprising! like I said TOM is screwy so it could have held up progress last week that i'm seeing now or who knows! All I know is i'll take 1.8 lbs in 3 days! But it was unofficial. stay tuned for WI monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on your puppy. good price. mine was very pricey. opps! hehe. he is so cute. any names yet?

katieo said...

Where DOES that weight go when you're asleep?lol!
And that is a very cute puppy.

Randi said...

The pound name is Dusty but hubby doesn't like that. I just thought of Pepper which is always a nickname I liked but we'll see what hubby thinks. I already got the puppy I want so I don't want to push it!