Friday, July 6, 2007

not much new

Well I don't have much to report today. But I also don't feel like working so here I am!
Let's see. so excited about getting a puppy, it's distracting me from working and frankly doing anything. 1 more sleep!
Last night our house was sooooo hot and we were puppy proofing and cleaning our house so I just couldn't do a cardio. So I did a quick weight circuit and feel great today. The heavier weights are awesome, I can feel my muscles the next day so at least I feel like I accomplished something. Same circuit I did before but I add in a plank at the end and some pushups and leg bridges and squats. I feel like these body parts are neglected during the circuit.
I haven't done a cardio in a long time but I gotta say, these people might be right about it the cardio being inaffective. I've almost exclusively done weight training for over a week. and sneak peaked again this morning (it's now part of my morning routine, what can I say, when it's being nice you want to!). And this shows you how routine this is getting: it said 147.something. I dont' remember the decimal, didn't even really look. I was already stepped off before it registered that that's a new number for me. Again, it might not keep over the weekend. But still. I'm just expecting the number to be lower than last time and it is. I'm waiting for it to hit me. I know it's going to too. But I'm not complaining! So I thought I'd do a remeasure on the old bellybutton (which is my target area 1, target area 2 is thighs). No change. But come on, how much could a pound do, 1/2 an inch is probably like 4 pounds or something. Anybody got any stats on this? I'm so uneducated at this weight loss stuff. I don't know where the weight goes, forgot about TOM, have no idea what the relationship between size and pounds is. So ignorant.
Food's been good. Haven't had leftovers so lunch has been leftover pizza all week. Sorta bad but today was just 1 slice. Lots of fruit being going on! Strawberries, watermelon, kiwi mostly. I knew it would happen, waiting on the rest to be ripe! I'm probably going to have to throw some out in the end as it will all be ripe at the same time and I can't keep up. Maybe I'll make a fruit salad. So I guess for the week the only goal I'm coming up short on is the HIIT. But seriously, I can't do that in the heat! and today is supposed to be 35 (celsius, 97 or something F). My American friends, how do you deal with working out in the heat?
Stay tuned Monday for the WI!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewww i hate the heat too. i couldn't even sleep last night. it was GROSS. today is way better. good luck with your babe tomorrow. hehe. so cute!

dizzydazey said...

I'm so excited for you to get a puppy! How's it going? What have you named him/her? I love puppies! :o)

The only exercise I do in the heat is swimming. The hot sun is absolutely not my friend!