Monday, January 7, 2008

how cool am i?

I'm getting free stuff! Na nana nana na! I'm totally getting that book from the publisher! Woo hoo! I'm so pumped about that I can't wait! But it's sort of making me feel like not doing anything until it gets here. Boo that. I've got class starting up again tonight. Prices went up and after I got screwed a bit last time (It worked out more expensive to sign up for the class than to just drop in because of cancelled classes) it makes me just want to get a punch card or drop in and stuff. But then I'll feel like I can skip classes since I didn't pay in advance. Hmm...My cheap side and my exercise side are fighting right now. If I want to do both classes it's $80 for just 3 months. If I did the punch card it would be $100 for 24 classes. The thing with that is, if classes are cancelled (long weekends, her kids are sick whatever) I'm not out. Plus my sister can use a punch on my card when she comes occassionally and I wouldn't be out any. Plus plus, if I really want to do this new book thing then these classes aren't really part of it (though I'm sure they don't hurt).

Here's a bad news thing. Though I only gained like 3 lbs, i also gained an inch in my waist. I bought new exercise clothes yesterday (hello costco!). Same brand as what I've got before. But when I tried them on, they sorta looked crappy on the belly. Oh well, it should go away quick right? You know how they say "well you didn't gain it in a day, it won't go away in a day." Well how about if you did gain it in 2 weeks? Will it go away in 2 weeks? I sort think so. we'll see I guess. Once I start strength training again I'll feel better about it at least.

Anyway, I post later about my weekend. Just wanted to do a little happy dance about my free book! yay!

5 comments:

Angela Power said...

That's so awesome about the book, let us know what you think of it for sure.

Kate said...

You will love the book! I promise.

As far as the gain, don't sweat, I'm sure it will come off in no time, plus it's the holidays, most people gained alot more!

Unknown said...

awesome about the book!

And I gained 4lbs over the holidays and have somehow lost them. So there are high chances you can lose those 3 really quickly!

Carolyn said...

3 lbs should come off in 2 weeks. Especially if it's just "temporary weight". You'll kick but and be back down to 135 in no time!

Mu pants feel back to normal again so I know my Holiday weight is coming off pretty quickly. Might take me a few weeks to get back down but at least I don't feel like a bloated whale anymore.

YAY for the free book...I love stuff for free...but I must have missed something...why is it free?

eurydice said...

why are you getting it for free? i looked in the posts but couldn't see why...