Monday, January 7, 2008

My weekend was a dis-to the-aster

I've been splitting up all my words today and sticking to the in them. I know it doesn't make me cool. I can't help it.

Anyway, my weekend was sort of disastrous. On so many levels. It was hubby's b-day friday (thank you for the wishes) so I went and watched his hockey game. The girl I usually hang out with came but she brought her cousin who got on my nerves way to much. She was such a big city girl and a bad girl and an all about me girl. Boo. Very fake. Let's sum it up like this, she has smoked since she was 11 with her mom and in the 3 hours we were at the game I heard all about her growing up and how her dad killed himself and how that made her rebel and then now she's calming down and she had joined a cult but now she's back and about her first time getting drunk was with my friend and I heard every detail of that. Um. Ok. Nice to meet you. Every 3rd word was "man". I think she pissed me off so much because when I was in my rebel years (at 16) I hung out with kids who talked like her and basically were her. But I've just grown up so much from back then and if she's like how I was then she's a total fake and I want nothing to do with her. Except to slap her upside the head.

Eh hem.

So after that we went to the bar. I was already bored and tired and annoyed but it was hubby's day so I stayed. Didn't get home until 2:30. Then up at 8:30 to go to nephew's hockey game. Cute. Little 5 year olds skating using their hockey stick as a tripod. One kid just skated laps the whole time. It was 1.5 hour drive so I packed a healthy little breakfast for hubby and I on the road. had some low cal orange juice with benefibre. A couple source yogurts, a couple protein/fibre bars, and fruit-to-go bars. Very healthy. I had a protein bar and a yogurt and the juice. Hubby had a fruit-to-go. That's all. At least he ate a breakfast I guess. Baby steps. He's got a long way to go on this health thing.

Anyway after that great planned breakfast, the family decides to go out for Chinese for lunch. ok. I was gonna get a noodle bowl or some veggie dish or soup. But no, they decide to get the meal for 6 and a couple other dishes and we'll share. Boo. I started so good. I loaded up on the veggies and a bit of rice. Passing just about everything else. I did have some ginger pork and an egg roll. So as far as Chinese not terrible, however it was way more food than I should have eaten. probably 3 times as much as I wanted. oops. Then the drive home and getting ready for the party!

We were having a sledding party for hubby's b-day. He said if I did the cooking he'd do the cleaning. So alright. I was making a billion appetizer things - cool veggie pita pizzas, suprise spread, cream puffs, angel food birthday cake, bacon wrapped weiners (hubby's request, ew), spanokopita. Plus just meat and cheese and pickles to cut up. It was a huge spread. I had 3 hours. I do all this, while hubby goes to work to pick up his phone he forgot. And to drop off a thank you gift to the bar for staying open on his birthday (we got there at last call). And he doesn't come back for 2.5 hours, in the bar. Thanks. I was cooking the whole time, it would have been nice if he'd have helped a few times (hands dirty grab that, or take that out of the oven, I need to do this right now.) I get done all the cooking (for his party) and then get started on the cleaning, 3 loads of dishes, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing. I hadn't showered yet. Oh yeah, and I was keeping the dog out of everything the whole time by myself too. Jerk. I was litterally running around the house. Finally get showered and dressed just as people start showing up.

The party was really fun. I love sledding. We'd done this last year for Jerk's birthday so people already had sleds and stuff. Though there were a couple new people who thought we were joking about it. No we really were going toboganning for a 27th birthday party. got a bit of exercise there. Our neighbour's little kid came too and wanted carried up the hill each time so that was a double workout. Everyone else had an awesome time too I think. Then back to the house for more food and visiting. I mostly stuck to the pitas with veggies. A few chips. It was supper as well I guess. And I had some punch which I shouldn't have and wasn't planning on but I forgot and it was right there. oops. Anyway, people didn't leave until 4:00 am. So I was completely exhausted, hubby had already passed out/fallen asleep so it was just me and his friends in the end. Thanks again jerk. I slept in until 11. but it still wasn't half enough sleep. I'm so tired today still. (sunday was cleaning up and a costco trip and movies on the couch, hangover day but without any booze)

Speaking of hangover days. I had a one on new year's day. (i decided to drink on new year's eve, just felt like it). I hated it! I wasn't even really hungover, I didn't really get drunk. But I just hated the way I felt, the tired, sluggish way I was moving, the way I just wanted to stuff my face and sit on the couch and turn my head off. It has renewed my vow (?) to not drink any more. I just don't see any upside any more. Well one upside I guess, you feel comfortable on the dance floor. but I don't really go dancing ever so big deal. I do just as crazy silly things as the drunk people and they never really know I'm sober cause I don't act like it. But I like the way I feel without it, just my every day feel good feeling. Drinking basically makes me feel like a "fat" person.

Anyway, busy week ahead. First class tonight. Then tomorrow I'm going to the gym with sister and then a potluck with my cousin's after (I'm bringing leftover appetizers, is that horrible or what? Also have to get an oil change tomorrow (coupon only on tuesday, what's with that?) Wed is class again, thursday maybe swimming again and then it's the weekend already!

Ok well I gotta get back to work and everything. I've been doing really well on that resolution, (just as long as I find stuff to do still).

2 comments:

tash said...

You are such a great wife to do all of that for your husband!

eurydice said...

your husband is lucky - i would have blown a fuse! (birthday or not)