Wednesday, August 8, 2007

do you know how much clothes weigh?

It's amazing really. Even workout clothes. I feel sorry for those of you going to weigh in in public places where you can't get naked. (you don't do you?) I weighed myself this AM wearing my fake lululemon clothes. Just cause clothes are tight doesn't mean they're not there. It showed a 0.2 lb loss, 145.8. Then I ran and weighed myself after, naked, and I was back down to pre weekend, 144.4! I think what's likely happened is that on the weekend I gained 0.4 lbs, not 2 lbs. which is much nicer to think about. From now on, only naked weighs. It messes me up too much otherwise. Though I was looking forward to dropping a few "easy" pounds.
So supper last night was made by my new roommate sister in law and my hubby. Sweet. Hubby's really stepped up his game. I guess he doesn't want to appear completely slobby and lazy in front of his sister. So they made chicken fettucini alfredo. Not the healthiest option. I just had a little. I was getting the new tires put on at CanTire and bought groceries so I was home late. But I had a protein bar as a snack. Think it saved my life. Because I wasn't terribly hungry when I got home and ate and it was already 7:15! Got my weight routine in while watching Big Brother. Yes you made me watch it again. I watched last year but just never got into this year for some reason. But it's perfect for doing weights to ladies. I now challenge you to do SOMETHING while watching BB next time. A couple pushups on the ads or an all out sweatfest though the whole thing. I'm gonna wanna hear about it!
I did my all out sweatfest. I have a hard time being done exercising. I normally am so rushed that it's bed time right after. But last night I still had an hour so I putzed around in my sweaty clothes. Played with my dog. She's always scratching herself. Constantly. But I found out on the weekend, if I rub her belly and pet her she sometimes doesn't scratch and it puts her to sleep. So I tried to guess where her itchy parts were and yep, she fell asleep. Her itching is so bad that she ripped her ear open and it was bleeding in 2 places and she bites her paws until they bleed so I've got bloody foot prints on my carpet I have to clean up all the time. I took her to the vet this AM and vet thinks it's mites not food allergies so that expensive food I bought I could take back but I doubt I will. Too much of a pain. Anyway, he gave her some antibiotics and some drop things that hopefully kill the mites. It's also gonna get rid of any worms or anything she has so I have to watch for that in her poop, ew. Should take 2 treatments of the drops so hopefully by the end of August she'll be all better. She's sorta behind in her "education" according to dog people who were at the lake (ouch, got myself a dumb kid) but it's probably because she's always distracted by itching so things aren't consistant. She should learn once we get focused on it, part border collie and they say that's the smartest dog (who says? Probably border collie parents).
Anyway. I took her in the AM, took time off work. It was awesome. Sleep in 1/2 an hour, eat lesurely breakfast, read my book. And here's a secret. After we got back from the vet, I just hung out and relaxed for another 1/2 an hour. It was amazing! I used to have 2 days off a week that were supposed to be thesis time and I'd get my fill of lazy. But now I remember how much I liked it. I'm always a go go go and multitask person. Because there's always something I should do! and I don't want to "waste" my valuable time when if I get everything done quick I should be able to do what I want later with nothing hanging over me. Well I never get to do what I want. I think that tonight I'm going to do nothing. I already got my run in this morning. Supper's already planned out just has to go in the oven. I'm not into any shows that I'll miss. So I'm gonna just read my trashy romance novel and watch tv. It'll help if nobody's home but nothing I can do about that.
I'm sure that was really boring for you all. Sorry. Should have warned you to skip ahead.
But I don't have a lot more to say. Sorry if I haven't been commenting on your blogs lately. I'm hooked up with Google Reader now and it's just not as convenient. I try and read all the blogs before I go comment and then I don't always remember what I was gonna say. If you want a sure-fire way to get a comment, leave me one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww poor Daisy girl. I feel bad for her. Hopefully this vet visit and the meds will improve the situation. She sounds really good otherwise haven't heard of you having many problems with her.

Bri said...

Yeah, I hear you about the clothes. Before I went to my doc appt, I weighed myself in jeans then in light weight chinos and chose the chinos, hoping that the doc wouldn't notice my weight gain. ahaha...waahhhh. It worked though :)

dizzydazey said...

I always WI naked - and I always took off everything that I could before WI went I went to meetings! I always kept it decent though!

My cat has ear mites. I have to clean them out and then put drops in. I always end up putting on a sweat suit first so he doesn't scratch me up. The poor thing has already scratched his own head up trying to get to them!! I feel bad for poor Daisy! At least little Artemis isn't biting at his paws! Bless her little heart!

Randi said...

Shannon- Daisy is really good. But she doesn't come when I call her which gets frustrating. And she only does things for a treat. Maybe that's smart!
Bridget - Jeans definately a bad option. But you shouldn't hide things from your doctor! they can help!
Diz - Poor kitty! They can get pretty hostile with those claws! Daisy also doesn't like getting this other medicine I was trying so I'm glad we don't need it anymore.