Thursday, August 9, 2007

Shake it up

So I have officially run out of juice. My "easy" weight loss is over. I've been stuck here at 144-145 for 3 weeks. And after dropping 2 lbs a week for a couple months that sucks. I will not lose any more weight doing what I'm doing. I'm maintaining. My level of activity and what I'm eating now was enough to drop some pounds when I was 155 but now it's not. When you're lighter you have to eat less and workout more just have the same results. So here I go. Changing it up.
So what am I going to do? I'm gonna count things. Not points (I'm not officially WW folks or anything else, making this up as I go). I'm going to count servings. And I'm going to measuring servings. Some weekly goals and some daily. For example:

Weekly - 4 meals (lunches or suppers) will be salads, can include meat but is
still a salad made of greens (potato salads don't count)
- Limit diet cokes to 2. If it's a party or wedding I can go unlimited
because it's better than booze. But there's bad stuff in there, diet or not.
- Limit booze to 2 drinks. That way I can still drive us and don't need to
worry about cabs or whatever.
- Evening snacks on only 1 night.
- minimum 1 meal a week will be fish.
- maximum 3 suppers of red meat. Eat some chicken, and more fish.

Daily - 3 servings of vegetables (3 different times eating it basically)
- 2 slices of bread max
- 5-6 fruits. These can be replaced with veggies but not the other way
around.
- Eat 3 meals and 2 minimeals. Aim to keep everything closer on the
calorie scale than previously. Don't eat giant breakfast and tiny snack
and giant lunch and tiny snack. spread out the food.
- nuts are your friend. Trial mixes are not. (I go "nuts" on them. haha)
- snacks while cooking supper will be carrots. That's it.

General - Fast food meals will be salads.
- Fries are out period.
- Chips are out period.
- Plan meals out in advance. Try a week in advance. You can do it just
for a little while.

Ok so I hope that gives me a little kick start. Also on the exercise front, NEED TO START BIKING! As in:

Weekly - 2 days minimum of biking! (can replace cardio running if done for 1/2
hour)
- If it's a day you're not running, you're walking the dog. No excuses.
- Wake up at the same time every day Randi! Go to bed earlier!
- Next week start new weight routine. Maybe 6 minute circuits. I'll post
it.
- Do a video once a week. Anything. Pilates, yoga, strength, striptease.
YAY! I'm really excited about this. I'm going to commit to doing it for 1 month. As in, up until my bike relay day. So slightly more than a month. I totally had this image of me biking in a sports bra. Don't think that will happen (posture on bikes gives everyone a belly) but would be a nice option.
So yesterday wasn't as relaxing as I wanted. SIL was watching a movie loudly. She's always watching movies. No big deal but I like to watch Simpson's and Arrested Development when I'm making supper. Whatever. Supper took a long time. Then my dog needed babysitting as hubby decided to nap all night. She's still scratching all the time but I can put her to sleep if I rub her belly. If she's sleeping she's not scratching right? But I did get in bed at 9:00 and read my book for an hour. getting up at 10:00 to wake hubby up to tell him it's bedtime, dumb. But then read for a bit more and that was a mistake. I was really tired this morning. So I never walked the dog. And with not walking her last night (did in the am) and not this am, she was a bit spazzy. Oh well. I'll get her tonight.
We've got a wedding this weekend so it's another road trip. Oh well. I've got a new plan. foolproof right? But I don't know what we're going to do with the Dog. SIL is going home for the weekend. We could probably get our neighbour to feed her Sat night and Sun morning. But isn't it mean to leave her chained up for 24 hours? She's got a 10 foot chain so can sort of run in circles if she wants, and lots of shade and shelter. But still. Lonely and bored I'd think. But is it any better to take her to a kennel? Then you're paying $20 for somebody else to keep her in a 10 ft area. Do they even walk them? I don't know. The nearby family is either coming with us to the wedding or already has cats and ferrets and a snake in a condo with no yard so no dog. We could try and find a hotel that's pet friendly but I dont' want to be that kind of person who has to have their dog with them all the time. We expected to bring our dog out to the MIL's farm but that's an extra 1.5 hour trip on top of the road trip. We didn't plan this very well. anybody have any ideas?
Also have I said anything in previous posts that makes you think I should have some more rules to my plan? I think a no cookie rule might be in order but I know I'd break it. I think a don't bake cookies or buy cookies is good. Then if I come across some it would likely be a special occasion. Anything else?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take Daisy to the Kennell. It is way better for her and it is only $20.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great idea Shan

Meg said...

good plan! i might steal some of your ideas. keep us posted on how it's going!