Thursday, August 2, 2007

yay me.

Even though it doesn't really feel like it, I know that it is a pretty good victory/strategy. We went to the bar last night after hubby's ball. I'm always ready to eat but I refuse to eat wings because a) I don't really like them and b) they are ridiculously bad for you! so everyone was having wings and I knew they would be. I had a sandwich for supper but this is 4 hours later. Well we stopped at home to get our money and I grabbed a couple granola bars and ate those instead to go with my diet coke. While I know that's totally great thinking and it stopped me from ordering fries which I've done in the past (ps, I only order fries cause I can't think of anything low cal you can get in a bar that's not a ton of food, anybody know of anything?) but most of the time I don't order fries and I just go through a dozen diet cokes just salivating. So in that case, I just ate 2 granola bars that I wouldn't have. But on the odd chance I'd have broken down then it's a victory. Tough call. But I do subscribe to the theory that you don't want to go too long between eating because it's not good for your metabolism. So I guess I'm pleased in that sense. Sorta mixed feelings.
I went for a run after work with Daisy. Went good. She was tired again though. I felt so bad dragging her. Then we had supper (turkey sandwich, same as lunch today) packed up some treats and went for another mini jog to watch ball. So that's sort of awesome. The second was only 10 minutes or so but still.
Found out at the bar that my hubby LIED to me. Over something totally no big deal but they lying is a big deal to me. He told me he had to work late and was going to go to the bar for 1 before ball. Then I found out he actually got off EARLY and went to the bar for a few then straight to ball. He normally comes home in between. So since he told me he was going to the bar anyway, why did he have to lie about work? So I was pissed about that and he starts getting on my case about just cause I don't like to go out why does that mean he can't. Well I'm not mad about THAT, I'm mad that YOU LIED! He just can't see that though. Like these friends we went out with, she is super against strippers and her hubby went to a stag (with my hubby) that had strippers and he lied and said there weren't. When she found out about that she was super duper mad and packed a bag and left her ring. (I assume it's all worked out now) But hubby and I were talking about that. I sorta like strippers so that'll never be our problem. But I did still side with the girl as he shouldn't have lied to her about it. If it's such a major huge deal to her that she's think about the D word then maybe he should try and respect her wishes. It's like, if she just was sooooo against eating pears that she'd threaten divorce, is it really worth it to you to eat a pear? No matter what it is, sometimes you just gotta do something for the other person even if it's not what you want or it's irrational or anything. But he shouldn't sneak around her back eating pears/seeing strippers and then lying about it. Hubby and I talked about that and agreed that the lying was the bad part and they should work something out about strippers. (either she should get over it or he shouldn't go) But then a week later my hubby lies about going to the bar, and I didn't even say I didn't want him to go! for fricksake! I don't like lying! and I hate being mad so don't make me mad!
ANYWAY...tonight is lots of planning for the weekend. Leaving work early to help get groceries. We also need booze and water. Then I've gotta pack the tent, air mattress, golf clubs, sleeping bags, kennel, dog treats, dog food, dog toys, towels, and of course my CLOTHES which will take an eternity. I always over pack and try and pack just super cute clothes like it's some kind of fashion shoot. when in actuality we're tenting and gonna be dirty and sweaty all weekend. But I'm gonna do it anyway! Also gotta get my weight routine in - especially because one of the things I'm packing is a BATHING SUIT! Weighed myself this AM and it's 144.0. So might be on the losing bandwagon again. I knew TOM was holding me up. Should continue to drop as TOM marches on.
It's hard focusing on work right now, so why don't YOU post on your blog and then I'll have something to read!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to focus on work for me too. BOOOO. Good for you on the bar. I would have for sure had a few bevies. Also I don't like lying either, it's not the point that they did it, its that they lied. Totally get that.

Anonymous said...

You are terrific. Have a fabby weekend getting dirty and camping.

Anonymous said...

I actually work in the engineering department but i'm no engineer. I work with their drawings tho. I am basically an admin assistant for the boys. YA.

Tigerlilly said...

When you find something low fat at the bar.. you make sure to let me know!! LOL. I am usually grasping my mega sized water with both hands and trying to stay out of the wafting smell of fries/burger/wings/pizza.

My hubby and I had a huge discussion about lying too. I would rather him tell me then lie, but at the same time I have to remember that I'm not going to like EVERYTHIHG he does.. but so be it... we married for love... not for what we do on our own time!

Have a great time camping...look out for bears!!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't get why chicks don't like strippers. They fire up the boys and then they come home and we get all the benefits! Raaaaar.

dizzydazey said...

I'd totally go off on my hub if I found out he lied to me - I can't stand being lied to. {{HUGS!}} Maybe he'll see you point soon.

Enjoy your camping!