Friday, August 3, 2007

Oh yeah, It's Friday, Oh yeah. Give it to me.

Friday before a long weekend! Woohoo! How can I do any work. i'm counting down the hours! (2 in case you're wondering)
Last night was super busy, got groceries with other "wives" for the weekend. Why did we have to go to the Co-op, where we paid probably 40% more than we needed to for all the food? Well I just didn't really like the whole situation. We paid them to cut everything up for us (even watermelon, please) so there's another added expense. Whatever. I went to buy the rest of my groceries at Superstore afterwards. Then bought booze, picked up a tool for hubby and then finally home. Had one of my awesome smoothies and green beens for supper. Then cleaning and packing and trying to bike with Daisy, went pretty good. But I still have to pack my clothes. I managed to get 2 sets in before bed. I probably could have done 3 but deciding to do 2 just took a bit of stress off. Though I saved like what, 8 minutes?
My poor puppy's ear is bleeding. She's scratching herself so bad. Think it might be food allergies. Vet next week. I think I'm going to try and give her benedryll this weekend. I heard you can do that, just give them child doses. Unless anyone's a vet and has other ideas.
So this weekend they bought cherries, oranges, apples, strawberries, bananas and watermelon for fruit. So that's what i'm going to be eating for snacks because the only other thing they bought for that is chips and pretzels. I'm pretty sure most people will be diving in th ebooze as it's supposed to be hot. I think if everyone else has their drink on they won't notice me eating all the bananas etc. They'll be interestd in the salt. I'm also bringing some fibre and protein bars for my mini meals since I don't think that's the norm and I'll be the only one eating. Actual food food should be not bad as it's just steaks and burgers, ceasar salad. I did hear there is going to be cookies there so I'm gonna have to make some rule up like 2/day or else I'll eat them all. And since we're bringing Daisy and I'm not playing ball, I'm going to take her for a run every day. Sunday we're playing golf but getting carts (again, why?).
I have a feeling I'm going to be a party pooper this weekend. It seems I always am. I sort of decided that I don't want to get drunk any more. And I don't like beer or wine or ceasars and everything else isn't the sort of thing you crave after a hot day or something. So if I'm not getting drunk and I don't crave the taste of anything, what's the point of wasting calories on them? And then when you're sober and everyone else is drunk, you just want to go to bed. But I guess I won't know anybody there so I can embarrass myself a little more than usual if I feel like acting crazy. And no I'm not nor never was an alcoholic but I just get hangovers too easy and after seeing pictures of me drunk realized how stupid you look, plus then you have to worry about who's driving or whatever. Now since I cut back drinking so much it just puts me to sleep! I'll probably have a few at the cabaret so I can dance and not feel stupid but probably keep it clean other than that. Alcohol does ridiculous things to you when you're trying to lose weight and I wanna get over this plateau. (Alcohol makes your body digest it first as it's poison and so it tries to get it out of you, and everything you've eaten is then stored as fat. At least that's what I understand.)
So I'm just dying to leave work since I'm not doing anything anyway, (watching Colbert Report online) but I left early yesterday and this is 2 hours early. Oh what the hell, I'll just hang out until I'm out of fun things to do then leave. I'm not officially taking any holidays this summer so a few hours here and there shouldn't matter right?
Hope everyone has a good weekend. Watch all my good intentions fall out the car door on the way to the cabin! or maybe I'll forget to pack them. ;)

2 comments:

dizzydazey said...

I hope you enjoy your weekend! Sounds like fun! :o)

Kelly said...

what do you put in your smoothies? i need a good recipe!

i know, alcohol is horrible when dieting but i love my nightly glass (or sometimes two) of wine. i need to cutback but its nice to get off work, have a drink and relax. that sounds bad but hey, i'm just being honest :)