Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Well at least it's not monday!

So thanks to the long weekend, it is Tuesday already! yay! hopefully that means I skip all the yucky Monday feelings too.
So how was my weekend? Bad start. Got a flat tire on my way home from dropping stuff off at my brother's! Turned the corner and bang! Sounded and looked like a bullet hole in the side of the tire. Luckily, as I told my husband, I'm a tough manly woman and can change a tire. I did call my brother as I was just a couple blocks from his house to see if he'd help me. And then my other brother was coming home from work and drove by and saw us so he stopped too. I only needed their help to loosen one of the nuts (I was jumping on the wrench and just wasn't heavy enough, woohoo). They did help but the rest I could have done myself. My husband almost called a tow truck to take my to the tire shop. Ha! I can handle this myself thank you very much!
So yay me. But that did make me late getting home and packing and then getting back to the city to go to the cabin. So needless to say I forgot a few things. my MP3 player. Probably would have done 2 longer runs, but I did 1 short one. Still not terrible. Eating however, was another story. I ate probably a dozen cookies. And they weren't even that great. That sucks when you pig out on stuff that's not even awesome. I did completely pig out all weekend. But most of the time it was on fruit which is awesome. But for some reason I still completely pigged out and was full constantly and ate some chips and drank some booze. Not to mention the fast food on the way there and the way home. Oh and speaking of wasting splurges. I had ice cream. I don't even like ice cream. But everyone else was getting some so I did too. If I was gonna eat the calories I would have rather had a chocolate bar or some more cookies. Stupid. Went swimming for an hour, and tried to stay in the deep part and tread most of the time. I realized I should swim more because I used to lifeguard and teach lessons, treading for entire classes, but now I just get pooped after 5 minutes! I also realized I should get a new bathing suit. I was by no means the fattest one in our group, but I sure felt like it. The other girls had either fantastic bodies and were bikining or have major boobs and skinny waists so looked good when they had a towel around their waist. I however have slim hips, fat thighs and thick waist, strong shoulders and back which looks like fat in a swim suit and large arms. I spent most of the time neck deep which isn't great either because without bigger hair, it draws attention to my double chins and fat face! Eww! All you pear shaped women realize it could be worse and that somebody actually does envy you!


Anyway my point is, at very few times did I feel attractive this weekend, even my previous progress seemed lost. I know that you can't physically gain 2 lbs of fat in 3 days (eat an additional 7000 calories on top of maintenance? What was in those cookies?!) but somebody forgot to tell the scale that. It showed me back at 146. I think I just ruined whatever momentum might come from getting off TOM. I know that I wasn't drinking enough water on the weekend so I'm probably retaining, especially with the alcohol (probably 10 drinks all weekend?). Plus I had public washroom digestion going on so that hopefully corrects itself shortly and help out.

The worst thing is is that I didn't really enjoy myself. I mean it was alright and I didn't hate it. But it was my hubby's friends and doing things my hubby likes (he played ball, I watched, he drank and partied, I watched, he played cards and drinking games, I watched. I could have partook, but I don't like it.) If it was something I really like doing then I would be fine with a couple pounds. But this is just so frustrating!

So I'm really excited to be back on track this week. Ready for the strict fruit and veggie diet I'm imposing. And lean meat. And whole grains. But mostly fruit and veggies! (that's all lunch is today with some tuna on my salad, oh and yogurt) I didn't run yesterday and went to bed late (hubby and I had a lazy date night and watched a couple chick flicks, the Family Man - oldy with Nicholas Cage and Tea Leoni, so good. And watched the Holiday with Jude Law (who has never looked better!) Kate Winslet etc. both Christmasy feeling...weird) so tonight I think I'll see what the weather is and maybe do a short run. Supposed to be cooler after today so maybe will put it on thursday. Ready for some weights tonight. I'm also thinking of joining a gym again. I REALLY wish there was one in town where we lived but there isn't. I have free membership at the university but it's a half hour drive or else I'd have to go right after work or something and I want to go in the evenings. I guess I'll feel better in September when the fitness classes start up again. I think I'll take 2 nights this year. Yay, I feel better.
Thought I'd post some pictures from the weekend. I tend to like arm wrestling at summer parties at cabarets and beer gardens, something about picnic tables maybe. Or the couple drinks and picnic tables. I like arm wrestling guys. I don't win but I think they're impressed. I usually beat girls except this one girl had arms of steal - I found out she cheated against me too (lifted her elbow and started not square wrist) I probably still would have lost but it was nice to have all these guys tell me I should have won. I'm such a dork.



I sorta like this picture:


Here's how a "sexy" picture can turn into a "fat" picture by having large arms. That's my tricept being flexed but looks like gross fat arms. Ew.



But here's one showing my legs looking super buff! I'm the 4th from the right, ponytail, looking away. Check out those legs!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE in the pink shirt. I had a bad eating weekend too. Let's get back on that WW wagon.

Meg said...

your legs do look super buff in that last pic! i'm so impressed that you can change a tire. no seriously, i don't know how! my parents gave me a AAA card instead of showing me how. i really should learn. anyway, sorry it wasn't your favorite weekend trip, but 2 lbs should come off fast once you get back into the swing of things!

Anonymous said...

You're bloody gorgeous and your legs are incredibly toned. *Clapping hands*

Lindsay said...

your legs are BEAUTIFUL! not to mention the rest of you!! i love your hair, and i am incredibly jealous of it!!
wow changes a tire and all!
just get back on track and those 2lbs will disapear before you know it!

Randi said...

Thanks dudes!
Shannon - I rarely wear that shirt as it didn't used to fit that well in the shoulders. Now it does! yay! we're totaly riding the wagon now.
Meg - If you want to learn how to change a tire you should look at your car manual. I know how, but I still look to make sure I do things in the right order. It spells it out pretty well. (plus I didn't know where the jack was until I read it!)
Kitty - You're sweet. yeah my legs look good from the side there, but you should have seen the view I had of them. ew.
Linsday - Those just happened to be good pictures of my hair, it doesn't always look that good (though I do like it myself.) I wanted to be the long haired beach babe when I finally wear my bikini but I'm starting to get anxious to cut it off. Hopefully I drop some pounds quick!

katieo said...

Love the pics! (especailly the leg shot girl!)