Monday, December 3, 2007

addition

So I got a great recommendation from Sheri to add to my "lessons". Only eat it if you love it. As in, if you're going to eat stupid terrible bad for you food, make sure it's worth it. And I can tell you that my buffet experience was not worth it. (whereas, last weekend, when I got dessert and BPs, it was worth it). I can't believe I don't follow this. I'm ALL ABOUT getting the most bang for my buck when it comes to money, in clothes, groceries everything. If it's not on sale I don't even look. New strategy carries over into food. However not in the money way, because I tried that and that's how you end up supersizing your foods and not ordering half orders of pasta etc because it's a better deal to get lots of food. I mean calorie wise. I'm going to budget my calories like I budget my money. I'll have to balance quantity - aka veggies with quality - aka treats. I know if I'm gonna splurge with my money, I'm not going to buy more than 1 big item in like a month (well with me it's more like 3 months ... or never) but I'll shop for clothes in superstore because I know it's a good deal and not bad.

SO...Since I like to be full and feel full (wonder how this is psychological...) just like I like to have lots of "stuff" I'm going to have to focus on the healthy. However, just like I'm not going to just wear any old hand me down just because it's a good deal, i'm not going to just eat bran mixed with egg whites (that was the healthiest thing I could think of) I'm gonna eat fruit, because I like it. And ff, sf yogurt.

I already do this with my liquids. I budget my calories to food, by not drinking booze, sticking to water, diet coke, the occasional skim milk, crystal light. No way I'd waste my calories on regular pop. However on the rare occasion I'll "splurge" and "spend" my calories on a strawberry daiquiri or a long island iced tea. because I know I like those. Not gonna "splurge" on a screwdriver, because it's only ok.

Yay! another thing I can be super cheap on!

No comments: