Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My friend had her baby!

I know you don't know her and you don't even have to pretend to care. I just needed to be excited and talk about it somewhere and nobody at work will do.

EEEK! I'm so excited. Her name is Arden. Pretty huh? She's over 3 weeks early and they had to do an emergency c-section (I don't know why) but they're both doing good now. I was gonna go visit them on my way home from work today but I didn't have a chance to make the present I wanted to yet. I guess I can save that for a shower. What do you bring when you visit in the hospital? Flowers? Probably a teddy bear but it's not like the baby can use it yet.

I'm so excited to talk to her and maybe hold the little baby and hear all about it. The only thing is, I don't really like her husband that much. (he's in a jazz band. That says enough doesn't it? he's sorta snooty and not goofy at all and prude-ish) So I'm not sure if I'll get to talk to her as much as I'd like if he's around. Have to save it for a different girls only visit.

Ok I'll have a real post later. Just needed to share. Do tell me all your great ideas for baby gifts! (I was also gonna bring a lasagna or something over sometime, good idea?)

5 comments:

Bri said...

Oh, baby gift - I think everying is having babies out here so I'm constantly getting or making gifts. the favorites have been:

Since you sew, make the Amy Butler nappy bag and changing pad - it's a labor of love but the moms love it: http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/products/patterns_display.php?id=16
if you can, go in with someone on this to help with the cutting and split the cost - fabric is not cheap!

Or, if you are short of time, get some robeez - so cute and practical:
http://www.robeez.com/EN-US/default.htm

Anonymous said...

awww love the name. arden!

sherijung said...

I always try to get a plant instead of flowers for a new baby, it's something to keep and remember. I still have a ficus that I got when my 19 year old was born.

Once mom and baby are home, food is always welcome!! But if you're going to hang out to socialize, be sure to do some housework (laundry, dishes etc). A new mom doesn't need help with the baby (she'll want to do that herself), but she'll be feeling guilty about her housework and try to do too much. Speaking from experience!!

Carolyn said...

I don't have any kiddos so I don't really know but I'm thinking they are both probably tired and worn out so the last thing they want to do is make supper. Lasagna sounds like a great idea! I don't even have a baby and I'd love it if you brought lasagna over for me! Great idea. Maybe throw in some of your Christmas sweets too as dessert.

I can't wait to have my own littleone someday, Hubby and I seemt o be talking about it more and more lately. I was always "No way! No kids yet" but now I'm starting to budge, Hubby would have one tomorrow if he had it his way! Scary!

Swizzlepop said...

Congrats to your friend! How about getting her baby outfit or picture frame or a nice blanket. Of just flowers for the mom and then get the baby something after she grows a bit and can wear more stuff.
Have fun!