Monday, December 3, 2007

Holy fark!

I just can't swear as a title, I just can't. Though when I read the banner and it told me 22 days until Christmas I did swear for real in my head! Eek!

Well guys, monday is here and I'm glad. I'm all hating work and the freezing cold and waking up and the dark and everything, but I'm still glad it's Monday. I screwed up this weekend dudes. Seems I've been doing that quite solidly for about a month now, weekends full of garbage. However I'd like to say this one takes the cake and leave it at that.

No I can't do that. Part of my punishment will be detailing to you ladies exactly what I screwed up:

friday night. don't really remember friday night. I think that was the night I made nuts and bolts. Not that big of a deal though because I don't really like nuts and bolts. It was safe. I just like having food in tins to give away.

Saturday morning, had to readjust my nuts and bolts because there wasn't enough flavour, so these are extra bad for you nuts and bolts with double the oil and seasonings. breakfast was english muffin with margarine. It's really good but nothing healthy about it. Portion controlled however.

Then I went to costco and to a craft show. Good news here is I only sampled this sugar free juice at costco and only tried a few dip samples with shreddies. Didn't buy any fudge or whatever. I bought some dip mixes, that's the only thing I ever buy really. Anway. not too bad yet huh?

Then I take my dog in to get her nails trimmed and to my sister's house who agreed to puppysit so I could shop. (big mistake on her part, her back was sort of out and she had to chase around a bad dog for 3 hours, ha!) Anyway, I hit the mall and by now it was 3:30 and I hadn't had any lunch yet. So I was gonna get some soup and a wrap or something but the line was ridiculously long (seems like a dumb excuse now but I was hungry) so I went to A&W. Then I was debating on the healthy food or not healthy. And not healthy won in a big way. I ordered a teen burger combo with a poutine. (!) so pretty darn bad. It seemed expensive but I knew that was the most expensive fast food place so just accepted it. Then I get my food. And it was a DOUBLE teen burger with a poutine! (sure looked good ordering a DIET coke with that, duh) Then since I had paid for it and was starving I ate it anyway. I've never had a double burger before. I actually think the meat is the worst part of a burger. I ate about half the burger and then took a patty out so I only had 1.5 burgers. Then a pile of fries covered in fat.

That's when I decided to go shopping. Yeah, clothes are gonna fit real good now! Arg. anyway, I did find a good sale and bought a belt, a shirt and a headband for less than $10 (all of it. I'm good) And just wandered around a bunch. I was in there for ages but really didn't spend a lot of money. (La Senza is having a 15% off everything in the store sale until Christmas or something so I spent a lot of time in there. only bought 1 bra though). ANYWAY then I picked up the dog and came home. Hubby was getting home too and had a terrible day at work and wanted to quit and so we had to hash that out (we can't afford for him to quit! but he can't work with his boss! He agreed to tough it out until January and then look for a new job) Anyway, so after that we snuggled and watched movies for the rest of the night. And what goes good with comforting your hubby and watching cartoon movies (Ratatouille)? How about Christmas baking? So I didn't really keep track but probably ate a dozen things this weekend.

So stopping there would have been a "regular" bad weekend for me. However I didn't stop there. Not even close. Sunday I got up and puttered around the house for a bit, then hubby got up and I wanted him to spend time with me. (since he didn't have plans anyway) and we never really hang out much. So we thought we'd go into the city, use this coupon for free BUFFET and then do some christmas shopping. So we went to a BUFFET! They had breakfast food, chinese food and just other food, and dessert. If I had to describe my favorite foods, they would all be classic breakfast foods. (cinnamon buns, fruit salad, croissants, toast with peanut butter!) but the best of these all is belgium waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. So I loaded my plate up. But their waffles were not nice homemade in a waffle pan things, they were eggo's. I swear. So I had some of them and some pancakes (I think only 3 things total) and loaded the whipped cream on. Plus some panfry stuff which was eggs, cheese, mushrooms, hashbrowns and loads of grease all cooked together. and some french toast. So that was breakfast. Next plate was chinese food. It wasn't a big plate full though, but it was egg rolls and spring rolls, fried rice, and mixed veggies. Getting pretty full now. But third plate was dessert. I had warm apple crips, 2 peanut butter cookies, and 2 different squares. Hubby was teasing me about 5 desserts. However I was quick to point out that I left 1 cookie, and half of each of the squares on the plate. So that's only 3 desserts technically.

you know you overdid it when you get "technical" about how much cake you ate.

Thankfully that left me full for the rest of the day. Unthankfully (?) it didn't stop me from eating completely.

After buying the hubby a PS2 with sing star (expect more video posts!) for his birthday we came home and just watched more movies and lounged around. I ate some more christmas baking, then decided I just needed a little supper so had pea soup. Then even though my tummy was SORE from being stuffed so much, I had to have dessert, but healthy, so some vanilla yogurt and a pear. Yeah, good one Randi, eating HEALTHY food will make for the fact that you probably ate as many calories as you should for an entire week!

After the buffet sunday I was already hoping for monday to just show up. I wanted my disaster weekend over. Yet I wasn't bright enough to just stop being a disaster. Duh.

But I'm gonna learn from my mistakes so here's things to remember for next weekend (and every day):

1. you know you won't be perfect all weekend. But don't slip up friday night because you might need to use that slip up later in the week. I mean, don't eat bad just because it's the weekend so you're a little more slack. You'll eat bad without even trying later on.

2. Good job making food you don't like. However, watching other people eat it makes you want to eat something too. Your only option is popcorn. Or diet coke, or go to another room and don't watch them eat it!

3. Don't wait until you're starving to eat! (WHEN WILL I LEARN THIS ONE?) You make bad decisions and end up going overboard.

4. Before you eat anything on the weekend, drink a glass of water. I was so dehydrated this weekend (you can tell by your pee color, yellow = bad, greeny yellow from vitamins is ok, but mine was not ok.)

5. Again, if you need to eat during movies, diet coke and popcorn are your only options!

6. Just stay away from buffets. And if you find yourself at one, remember the food isn't very good. Yeah you like waffles and whipped cream, but these are crappy waffles. Just because the type of food you like is there, doesn't mean you'll like this food. (the same goes for everything at this buffet. just mediocre, not worth the waste of calories)

7. You do not need to eat something just because it's meal time. But be careful you don't screw up and wait until you're starving. (see #3)

8. Look at the freaking calendar before you schedule falling of the wagon. (It's hubby's christmas party for work this weekend! This was one of the major goal dates, look good at Christmas parties!)

9. Eat fruit and veggies again when you're hungry! Hide the bad food. Don't read cookbooks all weekend. Your stomach is lead by your eyes!

10. If you've screwed up, make it up. (I'm hitting the gym every day this week. Plus gonna have salads for at least 3 meals)


Ok does anybody else have any awesome helpful advice for me to get back on the wagon? Things like how to not just eat 2 cookies (that were heavenly) that somebody brought to the office but your defenses were down after that weekend so you ate something you normally don't even look twice at? oops again.

5 comments:

Marissa said...

I think you've already done the most important thing: making a list of what went wrong and what you can do differently next time. I love that you're "making up" for your weekend by hitting the gym...that's a good strategy!

Carolyn said...

I'm glad it's Monday too! Now the madness is over right? Frig! Why do we keep doing this on the weekend? I need to smarten the hell up! We both do! Enough is enough. Maybe we should plan 1 splurge meal on the weekends, save it for Saturday night or something.

Well there's ntohign we can do about it now, we can't change it so now we have to work our butts off to compensate right? I'm planning on gyming everyday this week too. Gotta sweat off those calories!

eurydice said...

I'm terrible on the weekend too. Unfortunately it's pouring into Monday! But I'm going to the gym tonight. I justify eating what I want on the weekend with at least one gym trip on the weekend. I have no tips other than that sorry! Tis the season for indulging.

sherijung said...

Oh no buffets! They really scare me. I haven't been to one in the last 10 months except to a nice Easter brunch buffet, where I got my money's worth eating just about all the lox they had, and filled up on fruit. You have a good plan to do better, but maybe add in my rule for eating out(works for clothes shopping too) Only eat it if you love love love it. And eat it slowly, savor every bite! Make those calories count, don't waste them.

Anonymous said...

Hi spunk! My weight loss blog address is www.kitty-phatcat.blogspot.com

How are you Randi baby? I thought you'd done gone and left me cause I swear like an old whore, am generally disusting and obnoxious and let's face it, Shrinking Kitty isn't weighty no mores!

I'm getting ever closer to my goal and now I'm discovered Calorie King the world is a better place...

Mwaaaah
Love Kitty xxx