Monday, March 3, 2008

bad girl

So I was not very good this weekend. I ate like a pig. And didn't really think twice about it. that's the worst part. Sure it's alright to have a bowl of chocolate cereal at 9:45 on a Sunday night. What's wrong with that? Nevermind that you just finished your bowl of cool whip with berries (yes I said that right). I guess it wasn't so much pigged out (well a little bit) as just lost all the normal food feelings I have. Such as order something light from a menu. Avoid fast food. Avoid mayo drenched things. Here's what I ate:

friday - went to the bar for supper with hubby and his friend. Got a clubhouse sandwich with a side salad. Salad was really good. sandwich was very mayo-filled and I forgot that I don't like bacon and ate it anyway. Not terrible for a friday treat but not on plan.

saturday - started ok. Went to the university to meet and work with my sister on our theses (we're both finishing our Master's, my in Civil Engineering, her in Biotechnology). Met at Starbucks since we had a joint gift card from Christmas. I got some ridiculous Chocolate chippy cold drink that was awesome, but I am such a coffee virgin that I didn't think to order it "skinny" or "no-whip" or anything. But it was good. Then lunch was good. We had pitas and hummus brought from home and a million grapes. totally awesome. But by the time I was going home at supper time I was starved again and grabbed Burger King for hubby and I. And he had a bad day and wanted poutine, and I had a good day and wanted poutine. So I had poutine and a whopper jr. Are you kidding me POUTINE?!?! ugh. I think I even munched on some chips and stuff that night.

Sunday hubby and I were shopping but got called to go for brunch. Ok not terrible. I had an omelet, probably too much cheese but that's not bad. But instead of the side of toast or whatever I got pancakes. 2 big fluffy pancakes and ate it ALL drenched in syrup. Boo. The second I put the last bite in my mouth I "woke up" and said outloud "why the hell did I eat all that". To which the table errupted in laughter (I think my mouth was full when I said it too). Gotta try and "wake up" a bit earlier in the meal next time. Supper was alight, just some sandwiches grabbed from the grocery store and veggies and dip. However I got the chicken salad sandwich. drenched in mayo of course. Why? I never eat chicken salad because it's over mayo'd. I don't really like it even. whatever.

Then of course there was the cool whip (light) and berries and the chocolate cereal (President's Choice. It's actually pretty good, and not as bad for you as lots that seem like they should be worse)

So I was a bad girl eating wise. So today I'm gonna be good. I can't remember who's blog I was reading, but they're doing their goals one day at a time. That's not a bad way to think about it really. Much easier to keep it on the top of your mind.

My goal today is to not eat any of the muffins that were brought to work for us. It's morning snack time now, and nothing sounds better to me than a fat filled carb. But I'm going to eat my packed and planned yogurt (which I also really really like, lemon flavoured, mmm). So all day I'm not going to eat anything unplanned.

And here's what is planned:

b - english muffin, margarine and jam. shouldn't have had the jam.
s - lemon yogurt
l - pita with ham and mustard and coleslaw mix (weird in a rush food this morning)
s - veggies with hummus (I made individual veggie trays last night for everyone in my house, I'm so cute)
s - kung pow chicken. From my Clean EAting magazine. Involves coleslaw salad mix which has been in my fridge too long and chicken. Good and easy.

after workout? MEASURED bowl of mediteranean yogurt (it's not low fat and is good enough I'd eat 3 servings before noticing). If I want it afterwards. Post workout I'm usually not hungry.

Anyway. I never got around to taking pictures this weekend. I could have last night but really didn't feel like it after my eating. Soon, I promise. I did take measurements Saturday morning and there was some reduction in some areas in Feb so that's good.

I visited my pregnant SIL on Saturday after school. She had to be in the hospital because she started bleeding at work. Baby and everything's ok but she's on bed rest for a week now. She's still got 7 weeks left before baby's due so hopefully she doesn't have to be on bed rest until then! (I wouldn't be able to handle it. while i'm not pregnant, I consider myself a know-it-all in everything and I think it's important to be as active as possible during pregnancy, it's healthy when you're not pregnant right?) Anyway she said she's doing alright. We proceeded to gossip about the rest of her family. SIL who lives with me, used to live with her. So we talked about her a bit. I was reminded that she said she was just going to move in for a month or so until she found another place. This was August 1st folks. I don't think she's even gone apartment shopping once. And it's not like she's a problem living with us, she doesn't eat much, make a big mess or anything. She does dishes once in awhile. But never vaccuums or anything else. Cooks maybe (maybe) once a week. Pays diddly squat for rent (we thought it was temporary! $250 includes food and all bills). I just didn't want a roommate when I was married. So the gossiping made me remember that we should talk to her about all this but it's going to be tricky since like I said, it's not like she's a problem and we're kicking her out. We just want her to move out... I think we're going to up her rent every month by $50 or something (tell her about it of course) just as a sort of motivation for her. It would be one thing if she had a plan, but she doesn't. She's getting married in October, her hubby's on the rigs so he's only home 1 week a month. They're thinking of moving back home. They were going to buy a house, then build a house, then just rent somewhere. But they don't have anything planned. If they decided they were building and couldn't move until June or something, that would be fine. She could stay with no change in rent. But right now they'll probably still be with us after the wedding. Whenever her man comes home they just visit people or go ice-fishing and whatever, fun stuff. Not wedding planning and definately not house hunting. That's less likely to change as it gets warmer ya know? More fun things to do. Gotta say something.

So that was really more for me than for all of you. (this blog has replaced the journal I used to write in at home, obviously. that's why you hear about fights with hubby and problems with SIL)

Hormone Alert - we're starting the week before TOM, and that's when my rationale tells me that it's ok to gain right now, or it's fine to eat donuts and nothing but. So hold on target please ladies.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Hi Ranid.
I had a weekend similar to yours. I didn't care about what I ate, just ate what I wanted. I made some good choices, and some bad choices. Do you ever reach the point where you just don't want to try any more? That was me this weekend.

Congrats on the Master's degree. I got mine in business. I definately think that it is important to have as much education as possible. Now-a-days a 4 year degree is almost the new high school diploma. Its important to get more education to set yourself apart. Good for you. :)

I'm glad your SIL is ok. Matt's SIL is having a baby soon too. She is due May 5th, but will probably have the baby in April. We'll be new aunts right around the same time. Babies are so fun - just not ready for my own yet, lol.

Good luck curbing the TOM cravings, you can do it!! :)

eurydice said...

don't feel bad about the poutine - everyone needs poutine once in a while!

and you are right to "motivate" your SIL to move out!

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the blog replacing the journal.
I finally caved and started a private one for that very reason (as my husband/toddler wouldnt like the world to know their odd quirks :)).

that said I love that you share your ups & downs w/us.

so normalizing.

MizFit