Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Duh!

Ok folks so I came to a conclusion. I'm not exercising enough. I really am eating about the same as I did through the whole shemozle where I was losing (remember me always saying how I ate more than you?) I just eat a lot. It used to be ok when I was burning calories like crazy. I was doing something every single day in the summer. Running m, w, f, weights and running t, th! Usually a bonus on the weekends! No wonder I feel in a funk! I am!

So here's my realization. Just cause it's yucky out and class was cancelled monday, doesn't mean that I couldn't work out. Just because it's dark at 7:30 doesn't mean that I can't leave the house. Here's my new plan:

I get off work at 4:30 every day. So sweet. Usually I don't get home until 5:30 because of my 20 minute commute plus groceries or other shopping I stop to do or errands or whatever. First of all, we have no money for me to be shopping with so that can stop. And I can replace it with GYM TIME! Duh. As I'm still registered as a full time grad student (paying full time tuition, though I'm working full time, go figure that one out hey?) I still have access to the school gym for free so why not take advantage of that? I said free people!

So the plan is now to go to the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays after work. Shouldn't be a problem. the gym might be busy at these times but it's a really good gym with lots of machines so I'll be alright. Even if I'm waiting for a machine or have to use a boring one, it's still going to be more work that I'd get at home on the couch right? I'll probably only get in there around 4:45 at the earliest and then try and workout for an hour or 45 minutes so I'll just be getting home around 6:00 which is what time hubby gets off work anyway. So I'll either have some sort of quick supper planned and it will be ready right away or maybe he'll have to help me make something! shocker!

I'm really excited for that. Sorta wish today was going to be one of those days. But of course I don't have my gym stuff here or anything anyways, plus I've got my step tonight already. So here's to me not forgetting my stuff tomorrow and getting organized tonight and finally shaking this funk!

10 comments:

Candace MacPherson said...

Relax Randi, You know you're doing great and will continue to do so. 1 week of mindful indulgence a little less iron isn't going to send you back to 145 - Remember to drink your water as it's the best to flush some stuff out. Also, get in at least 2 Tbsp oils a day. Yeah, these are WW, but really just make sense.

Tara Shirley said...

Well, since you are supposed to be the one kicking all of the Christmas Challenger's butts, I'm assuming you need (and can take) a little butt kicking yourself!
Knock it off! You can do this! Like Candace said, 1 week isn't going to send you back up, and if it does, well then, you gotta turn around and get it off! Just do it! I'm sure that cookie didn't taste as good as being healthy feels! Remember that the next time you are faced with a temptation. Is that bag of M&M's (my current temptation) really worth it? I don't think so! You're doing awesome. Just re-focus and you will continue your awesome progress!

Anonymous said...

aww you did spaces. :)

Unknown said...

I think it always feels good to have a fresh plan of attack in place. The hardest part of any workout is the first step... so once you're in that gym, you're golden!

katieo said...

I agree with thickchick. I fresh plan is always good to mix things up. I think the gym sounds great. And it sounds like going will actually SAVE you money! lol! Go for it!

Carolyn said...

Great Plan Randi. Especially sine it is EXACTLY the same routine as my own. I get off at 4:30, get to the gym and start working out for 4:45, finish up at 5:30 and start my treck home at 5:35 with hubby. We get home at 6:00 and then we start making supper asap because we are both hungry by then! It works for us so hopefully it will for you too!! Good luck tomorrow morning for WI!

dizzydazey said...

Yay for a free gym! If I had a free gym at my disposal I'd be sure to use it just so I could get a bargain! ;o)

Good Luck remember your work out bunny gear & enjoy showing your new gym buddies how it's done!

Cory said...

Use that gym membership! School gyms really are a great resource. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

noelle said...

Free gym and no kids to cart to lessons and practice at that time of day? Get your butt over there for me, willya?!

Tammy said...

Sounds like a great plan, Randi! I think just a change will start you on the losing path again--it shakes things up, so to speak. I joined the gym today and am looking forward to getting there and working out. Speaking of which, I need to find my gym bag and lock. Good luck!!