Friday, October 12, 2007

FREEDOM!

Well folks, I mentioned before about the dude who was squatting in my office. Using the modelling computer that's in here. Well today at 1:12 he shut down that computer and left my office. Woohoo! Not that I'm not allowed to blog at work. or read other blogs. But I even notice myself sitting differently when there's somebody behind my back facing me and I can't tell what he's doing or looking at. The other thing is I can read blogs in google reader but the only font big enough for him to read is blog titles which alot of which are about weight loss or lbs or WW or something. Just sort of embarrassing.
But that's over (I assume) at least for the day! I get a friday afternoon of freedom! woohoo! So here I am! free to post as I like!

So uh...come here often?

No wait I had something I wanted to say! Guess what I ate yesterday! Oatmeal! Just a packaged kind, maple brown sugar or something. It was a nice before bed snack. I was going to pour some mini-wheats mixed with fibre 1 as a fiberlicious snack at 9:00 but I remembered I wanted to give it a second chance. Well the flavour was good. And I could tell I'd like plain flavour with a little apple cinnamon or something. But the texture was just nasty. I was like eating something somebody chewed for me with a lot of spit. Gross? that's what I thought. So oatmeal fans, is that just what it is? that weird mushy half solid half liquid? or if you do homemade oatmeal is it better? Did I use too much milk or something?

It was a pretty good snack as it left me super satisfied and full for only 180 calories, different flavours are less cal's too. I couldn't even finish it all. I'm not sure if that's cause the texture was getting to me.

Something else I'm planning on doing this weekend? Going to costco. I definately need some chicken boullion (sp?) powder. I use this in everything and it's the cheapest place to get it by far. Plus my dog has eatten all her bones. We buy this giant rawhide bone things in this big package and people even look at us funny at the checkout and say we must have a giant dog or something. But no, we've just got a little 20 lb terrier who loves to chew things. Plus I'll make her eat a bone when I don't know what to do with her. (she'll eat it for sure if there's peanut butter squished in the little cracks, at least until the peanut butter is gone, at which time she'll bury it in our laundry or in the couch cushions). People who have dogs: What do they DO? She's got lots of toys to play with, bones to eat and gets enough sleep. I can pretty much give her 1 hr a day between walking and playing and doing tricks. But after that I have stuff I want to or have to do. Yet I feel like I'm constantly babysitting her. What is she supposed to DO while I'm watching tv? What she is doing is digging in my house plants (new one this morning), finding things she's not supposed to have and eating them (she loves batteries, and tacks), or wrestling and mangling our slippers or other items. I sort of can't expect her to just sit there and watch me watch tv or whatever can I? Isn't that the most boring life ever? I've been giving her a bone all the time so that's why she's gone through so many. I guess I could get her one of those smarter dog toys. Where they try and figure something out to get a treat. Anybody have ideas?

ok that was an aside. I meant to say, I'm going to Costco. Maybe I'll buy another workout top. I have tons of pants and coats, but only 2 shirts I really like and 1 that's a bit tight still. Of course I can wear just big old t-shirts but that doesn't make me feel cute when I'm exercising, a major key in making me want to do it!

Oh yeah, and I just wrote my sister about the gym yesterday and told her I want to be able to do chin ups. Now i'm goign to expand on that for all of you. It's a semi-serious reason why. In case I'm ever in a life-or-death situation where I'm hanging off a building or a cliff or something with nothing for my feet and just holding on and need to save myself. I don't think I could do it right now. I know that's never going to happen, and that even if it did adrenalin would kick in and I could do it, but I want to give myself every advantage just in case. (I think of this when I watch movies).

That's related to another reason I like to get stronger. So when I'm helping my hubby move stuff (couch or lumber or something) that I don't end up crying. First hubby's used to getting help from guys and they all just know how to do stuff. Like they know what the other guy means when he just nods or something (at least the guys who help hubby do) and they're stronger than me and aren't scared of getting slivers or don't some how end up pinching their fingers all the time. My main problem helping him is that my hands are too weak, my forearms give out. But I also just get tired and can't lift something as high or whatever. Hubby and I know that we don't really work well together because we're both too stubborn and like our own way but sometimes he needs help. And when that's the case, tensions already run high and the slightest eye roll or sign of annoyance by hubby at my weakness (which he always appologizes for afterwards) makes me bawl. So I'm trying to get stronger so that I'll be able to hold something long enough for him to screw it in or whatever.

Plus, (my personal favorite) I want to be strong so I can haul all my groceries in in one trip. Right now I'm pretty much there. i'm only limited by things not in bags, (like milk or dog food) which I can't just sling over my arm. But I can easily carry $70 worth of groceries in on my left arm (need my right for keys!) Makes me feel tough, plus I hate going for a second load.

I also like being stronger than any other girl around me. part of my competetiveness towards other women. issues. And that I could hopefully get away from some guy attacking me. Not that that's going to happen either. And honestly I don't even worry about things like that. I just like being prepared. One of my favorite things is planning what I'd do in various emergencies, planning emergency kits and stuff like that. But I think I've got that disease that Slevin claimed to have in Lucky Number Slevin (just watched again the other day, very good). The one where you don't worry about anything. I'm a stress-free person. So when it sounds like I'm stressing in here, don't worry I'm not. I just talk the same as somebody who does.

After checking out my pipes while doing my cheater chin-ups yesterday I'm feeling pretty darn good about my mucles and my strength. I'm going to try and take a flexing picture for you all this weekend so you can see what we're dealing with here. I think you'll be impressed. Plus I want all of you to do it too so I can feel superiour to you. ;)

1 comment:

sherijung said...

Yes, you can expect your dog to just hang out with you and not wander around the house getting into trouble. Just think of how she would behave in a pack of dogs in the wild, she wouldn't wander off if the pack were all resting. The toys that give out treats intermittently as they play are really great, but be sure to get treats that are low calorie. You don't want to have to put Daisy on a diet! When my dog was younger and got into more trouble, I kept a light leash on her in the house and made her stay nearby(you could tie it around a chair leg). Then I got her a doggie blanket and made her lay on it in the evenings when I was watching TV. Now she follows me around in the evenings waiting for me to settle on the couch so she can lay down at my feet. All this assumes that you're giving your dog enough exercise every day of course.