Friday, October 5, 2007

Weigh IN!

Oh yeah guys, it's weigh in day, and the end of week 2 of the challenge! How's it going for you?
For me, I wasn't really expecting much this morning. I didn't want to say but early this week I say the 3 in the middle in a random unscheduled scale stepping. But only once. And I've been eating worse the rest of the week. Anyway. What did it say??

139.8!!!

You betcha! It's only a loss of .4 lbs, but it's a significant one! I'm out of the 40's! Though I was thinner before, I never weighed myself during those times (around my wedding). So this is the first time I've ever seen that number on the scale! AMAZING!
Though I did get buck naked and pee twice and drink nothing before I weighed. Might have had something to do with it. But we all know this is a mind game and if seeing that 3 is keeping me motivated and feeling good then I'll cheat at this game all I can! Not that I'll need it with my great thanksgiving plan and rules. Let's recap:

No fries, chocolate or banana bread this weekend
Leave a space around the food on the plate
NO CHIPS
Continue eating minimeals - don't get HUNGRY
Exercise - at least once on the weekend.

I should really make up some rules for the wedding as well, but it they feel like a piece of cake now I've gone to so many with my plan. The plan will be the same, fill up the plate with veggies, and do your best to limit dessert. I know I haven't always done that, but at least I feel guilty when I don't right? That's a step in the right direction. And at this wedding at least, I'm planning on dancing all those calories away anyways!

Anyways, please let me know how you did! If you haven't gotten me your loss for this week please do so right away. Also, any last minute tips for Turkey Day (yes Dizzy we sometimes call it that, though I thought it was just me) please pass them along!

14 comments:

Swizzlepop said...

Congrats on the loss and being in the 130s, they are MUCH better than the 140s. Hopefully you wont have to meet every one though :P.
Have a great Turkey Day!

Unknown said...

Congrats on making it into the 130s...that is so awesome! Have a great weekend.

Bri said...

Nice work Randi!!!

Sonya said...

Awesome job!!! Congrats on being now in the 130s. That's so great.

I was down 1.6lbs this week. I was super excited about that. I'm one step closer to my first 10% loss and another 5lb star!!!

katieo said...

YEEEEHAAAWWW!
Oh, doesn't it feel great to be in the 130's!!??

And even with peeing twice. If you had done the same thing last week, it probably would'nt have gotten you to the 130's!
Good to see the scale moving for ya. Gives me hope!

Adora said...

Ya gotta love seeing those new digits on the scale! I'm so with you - I'm sick of seeing 1-7 in front of every number on the scale. But alas, this week it was not meant to be. I'm sitting at 170.4. Ugh.
But a loss of 1.6. I can't complain, especially after my disasterous last weekend involving wings & pizza!

Tammy said...

Congratulations Randi! I am so looking forward to the day I see the 130s again :) That is an awesome achievement and is inspiring for me. I registered a loss this morning, too, so I'm excited. It wasn't much, but I don't expect it to come off fast. I lost .6 of a pound. Hopefully next week will be even better. Thank you for stopping by and encouraging me. Your words were right on! Enjoy your weekend sweetie! Big hugs!!

Adora said...

that's a loss of 1.1 for me. i clearly cannot subtract.

Kate said...

Great loss Randi, how cool to be in the 130s.

I lost 2lb this week which I'm really pleased about. Can you add me to the results?

Moody said...

Congrats on being in the 130s! Well done :)

Candace MacPherson said...

I'm so glad you made some progress from the mid to low-140's to the 130's. It's such a great feeling to get to the next number.

I tried the Pumpkin Angel cake and it was an extremely satisfying desert. I also made cranberries with Splenda - it didn't 'gel' but it was good and I used it instead of gravy. I also loaded up on veggies, had a bit of stuffing and some mashed potatoes. All totalled, not bad. Maybe too much wine and hubby keeps sticking the catologue under my nose, so I'm gonna go. Gotta sobre up before driving back to Reita's (mil)

See ya Tuesday.

dizzydazey said...

Yay on the 130's! That's so great! :o)

Hope you enjoyed your Turkey Day!!

noelle said...

"get buck naked and pee twice and drink nothing before I weighed"

ROTFLMAO

I thought I was the only one who did the multiple pee thing!

btw, I gained 2.6 this week. Just recovering from the flu. Still down way over 3 pounds from 2 weeks ago!

Angela Power said...

Yaaaaaaay you! That's awesome, congratulations! Notching down to a new "decade" of numbers is soooo motivating!

I tried the peeing and getting naked this week, but unfortunately, it didn't impact my result too much....hrmph!

I love the leave space around the food on the plate idea...brilliant.