Monday, October 15, 2007

My weekend

Back to regularly scheduled blogging.
So my weekend was pretty good. I hardly remember friday. Let's see...Oh yeah, no cooking. I just decided not to make supper. I was tired of it. So in the back of my mind I wanted hubby to take me out for fast food. Terrible! Thank goodness he didn't bite. He's happy with a bag of popcorn or something. I however need to eat real food. So I think I had some kind of leftovers. And lots of green beans, I remember that.

Then we eventually went out to a lounge to visit with some friends. It was nice. It was my hubby's friend who's wife I got to be friends with. But his friends first you know what I mean? Anyway, the wife was working still so it was just guys and me. And for a change this dude was cool! My theory on it is that he and I are very similar and thus butt heads a bit. I just feel like he doesn't like me much. (not that he's mean or anything, we just don't have much to say to each other). But I don't know if it was the booze or what, but he would laugh at my jokes and well frankly smile so it was quite fun. And I remember I promised I wouldn't eat nasty bar food while I was there, and I even had a protein bar on the way over hoping to keep me full. But when everyone around you is eating, that's all I can think about doing! So I hade a 1/2 chef's salad. It was soo good. I had it with sweet onion dressing so I think that's not too bad. I think that Chef's Salads are about the healthiest thing you can eat. for me at least. It's got the oodles of veggies, plus some turkey and eggs for protein. You just gotta watch the dressing. But even then, I only had like 1 tbsp of dressing so even if was really fat full kind, it couldn't have been too bad. However did I need a second supper? No. Ate one anyways. Plus 2 diet cokes. Good night.

Then saturday I woke up early with my dog. 7:30? We have a new game of tug of war where she's actually gentle, we pull on this little dog bone that I don't think she really likes much. Actually I don't know if it's so much of a game for her at first or if she thinks I'm stealing her bone. But she doesn't jump all over me or bark or bite or anything, just pulls on the bone. Then when she gets it, she nudges it back to me or I nudge it to her. It makes me feel like I'm a dog too. weird. But then I got busy. I made 2 different batches of cranberry muffins because I bought 2 bags of cranberries for $1 each! Awesome! And I didn't know a good recipe because I've never made it before. So I made 2 very different kinds. I'll try and post recipes if I remember (I know I never remember these things! Nag me if you want it!) One is a lemon cranberry, more like a cakey kind that you get at Tim Hortons or something. The other is cranberry oatmeal. Which is so filling it's like eating a bowl of oatmeal! But still super good! Unfortunately both batches stuck to the paper liners I used so their tricky eating. But I made 2 batches, did dishes, cleaned the kitchen, played with my dog, all before 10:00 Saturday morning. I love those kind of days. Then I cleaned the living room, did the floors, cleaned the bathroom, did laundry, had a shower, then at 3:00 ish roomy SIL and I went into the city for our Sister Supper. We just hung out at Preggers SIL for awhile, then got all gussied up (when the trying on clothes thing I talked about happened) and went for supper. Service was terrible for some reason. They were way understaffed, out waitress was also bartending so it took forever for us to get our drinks because she'd have to make a billion before she could bring them to us. I had 1 tropical cocktail and water. We also had bruschetta for an appetizer and it was really not very good. hard to screw that up you'd think. So I had a small slice of bread. Then I ordered steak with a stuffed potato. Both were very good. But the most amazing thing on the plate was the side veggies that most people usually don't eat. it was just mixed veggies, but they had some kind of spices on them that made them soooo good! I wish I knew how to do it! (ps - anybody does know let me know!) there was 1 piece of cheesecake for the birthday girls who ate most of it until they were too full and I ate the last bite.

After that we started having inappropriate sex talk at the table so it was time to go. It's my favorite thing to do with a bunch of girls (the talk people, the talk). It a little weirder for me to talk about with them because it's their brother whom I'm sleeping with, but I told them to deal as it's the price they pay to hang out with me. ;) Perhaps it's too much info for this blog so I'll save the details, (though as my readers are a bunch of girls too I'm assuming, and it IS my favorite thing to do, it's a lot tougher than you'd think!)

So we went back to preggers SIL's house and watched Knocked Up finally. Pretty good, but I was expecting much better after all the hype about it. It was pretty cool how you saw her belly so much, usually they avoid that in movies don't they? And having never been pregnant or had anybody super close to me pregnant I'd never really seen a giant naked belly. Was it realistic?

Anyway, after that it was home time. I thought bed time. But roomie SIL and I watched part of Spanglish (so good). I was missing my hubby who was at a birthday so I waited up for him.

Sunday morning was sleeping in a little more but then crazy busy again as I was hosting the family brunch. It turned out to be just the household and my 1 brother and sister. So we ate waffles and whipped cream and strawberries and muffins and fruit dip. I forgot about the cheesecake and sausage I wanted to get rid of! I was quite stuffed from the waffles and fruit and I feel like it was healthy. But I'm not really sure. I was stuffed.

Then to the airport to pick up my mom and dad from their trip to Australia! Brought them back to our house and ate more fruit and dip and some spinach artichoke dip. (see I can be all martha stewart too) So more bad eating and pigging out but nice visiting too. When they left I wasn't really hungry for supper so I just had a muffin and did some scrapbooking. Around 9 I was muchy/hungry and had a bowl of cereal. So that was my replacement supper. I didn't feel too bad about the whole thing at all. It was a bunch of eating but it was mostly healthy and the snacks sort of replace the actual meals which I was lacking.

So that's it. good and bad. I'm feeling mostly good about it. It wasn't anything crazy at least.

I did want to say something about the comments on that slutty dress post! wowza were we split on it! About half of you were with me and wanted to wear it. You know it's slutty but you wanted to embrace that inner slut I guess. And the other half, very politely, called the other half sluts. ;) hehe. No not quite. But you were against wearing it. some of you and your morals! hehe.

oh yeah! and make sure to check Carolyn's blog for the results of week 3 in the Christmas Challenge!!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Randi! Sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend. I'm glad you feel good about your food intake. Thanks for your encouragement! I really do appreciate it. Have a great week11

Tigerlilly said...

Sounded like a nice weekend. Wish my SIL's and I got along...but none of us do.. and I've got 5 of them. Hmmm... I dont think I'm that hard to get along with!!

Those cranberry muffins sound yummy. I LOVE cranberries... you'll have to share the recipe! I've got a good one too that I will pass along.

Have a great Monday...