Tuesday, October 9, 2007

thanksgiving

Ok sports fans, you wanna hear about my Thanksgiving long weekend? It was less than stellar. For some reason I just sort of felt blah about watching what goes in my mouth. I did stick to the no fries, chips or banana bread rules. But let's go back...
Friday lunch at Kelseys, I had a clubhouse wrap and brocolli cheddar soup. The soup was so delicious but not something i'd normally get, I was just so cold and somebody else ordered it and it sounded good. so I got it. I only had half my wrap. Not too bad. Then there was no snack in the afternoon because I was so full. Got home, just had the other half for supper. Saturday on the way home we grabbed McDonald's, but I had the Oriental (grilled) Chicken Salad with only like 1/4 of the dressing packet. Very delicious. Went to the wedding, then afterward had 2 coolers. Just felt like it, don't know why. I normally don't drink at all, especially just sitting around my house. Then was the wedding supper and it was good. I did not enforce the plate space rule because I forgot until I sat down. However I did pack on the veggies and limited potatoes and never ate my bun. Not too bad. I also had 2 more drinks as the bar was open until after supper (it was still open but you had to buy them afterwards, but since it was a small town wedding, they were only $2 a drink). But then there was midnight lunch and I had 2 cakes because they were a million different squares and I always feel the need to "try" everything. But I only did 2. There were smokies as well but I didn't want them so I had a bun with pickles and cheese. I did dance a bunch, not as much as I would have hoped but there wasn't a lot of people dancing really.
Went back to mom and dad's house and hung out for a bit, played with my dog (or supervised her from all the drunk people) and then went to bed. Woke up extra early from Daisy and couldn't really sleep after that. so I just hung out on the couch. Went to the gift opening for brunch but it was just leftover midnight lunch so I had another cheese bun and 3 cakes. Ouch. too much cakes. At the time I justified it by saying I wasn't having a smokie, but it would have had protein at least, instead I ate sugar sugar sugar. That's why I can't make cakes and squares at home. (even though SIL always does and always has them at her house and goes on about how she's such a good host and Martha Stewart person and whatever and it just makes me want to show her up and make something way more amazing because I'm a really good cook and baker but then I don't want to have all that stuff around! grr..)
Well anyways. Then we went out to in-laws farm for turkey supper. It was good. I didn't do any snacking prior to eating. But when I was loading up my plate, I was heaping salad on first (light caesar salad) it was taking up lots of room so I sort of ruined my leaving space around each food rule right off the bat. I did remember it though, while I was dishing up and did my best. Things like the jellied salad being too runny and the way too much caesar salad did derail it a little bit. But the potatoes were the smallest scoop ever (especially for me, who always got made fun of, and extra potatoes cooked for me because they are my favorite food) and only had half a bun and tiniest amount of gravy (they had no cranberry sauce!). Anyway, I did pretty good. But then came dessert. And my preggers SIL who was in charge just bought some cakes at the store - I had some kind of (president's choice) caramel walnut pie or something. It was absolutely amazing. So delicious. (side note - Martha Stewart SIL made Pregnant SIL feel bad about just buying dessert instead of making them, and not being pumpkin things, so instead of serving it after supper she put out a tray of her own pumpkin tarts and cookies and squares. I got up, went to the cupboard and brought the pies over to serve them. Very rude you ask me. Pregnant SIL was in charge of dessert and could bring whatever she wanted but if you didn't need her dessert she could have saved herself the money and not brought anything. And Preg SIL doesn't like pumpkin so why should she bring anything like that home.) Anyway, as it was a purchased pie, I caught a glimpse at the calories. 480 or some ridiculous number for a piece of pie. Ouch. So I'm sure my supper was like 1200 calories or something. On top of the cakes I had for brunch. The rest of the night was spent playing Cranium and poker and sleeping. The next morning I tried to cancel some of the damage and went for a run with Daisy. However I forgot my ear phones so it was a short one, plus it was freezing and windy. But the important thing is I got up at 8:30 and went out there and did it. I ran probably 15-20 minutes as opposed to the 30 minutes I usually do. oh well. We packed up and left around noon, picking up subs on the way home. Again I had broccolli soup. What's wrong with me? i'm sure that was like pure cream or something with weird chemicals. I gotta make some homemade soup. maybe tonight. Anyway where was I? right I had a turkey breast sub on multigrain bread with no cheese and honey mustard. So that's a good choice. I hate 6 inches for lunch. but then after getting home I was munchy so I had the other half at 3:30 while watching the Rider game (we won! yay!) then for supper since I finally bought milk I had cereal like I'd been craving for days now. But again I was munchy so I also had some Skinny chips. However I was still in my workout clothes so while watching tv I did a few squats and planks and lunges. It hasn't been that long since I did Turbulence Training but I completely forgot how to exercise without somebody telling me what to do. I worked for like 15 minutes and quit because I ran out of ideas. Dumb.
I also made my carrot bran muffins last night. They're really good. I always assumed they were good for you but I'm not sure after making them (they sound healthy right) there's a lot of sugar and oil in there. I did substitute some applesauce for some of the oil and used some whole wheat flour instead of white. I forgot the recipe at home so hopefully tonight I'll throw them in the computer somewhere and come up with nutritional information (anybody know a good site for this?)
So that was my weekend. Not great but nothing terrible. I just feel blah about it. I think I said that at the beginning didn't I?
So seeing how I already pigged out and ate all the food I brought already for lunch (no afternoon snack for me I guess) I will start this new plan tomorrow. What new plan? Well the one where I tighten up for a few days and try and rescue some of the damage. What does that plan look like? Well it looks like vegetables. Lunch for the rest of the week will primarily be vegetables. As in, no leftovers, no sandwiches, just salads and edamame and other vegetable things. Back to the old fruits and veggies for lunch. With yogurt. but that's about it. I guess I can have a muffin for snack too. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully it puts me back on track. I feel like my stomach got stretched out cause it's taking a lot for me to be satisfied eating these last 2 days. Anyway, that's the plan. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good Turkey Day! You didn't go overboard or anything too crazy (like I did)I know what you mean though about feeling blah...I'm the same way.
Thanks for posting the results for Week 2 of the Christmas Challenge. Seems like I need to get my butt in gear this week! 0%!!! We can't have that now can we? Especially when I'm one of the hosts of the Challenge!! This is my week though. I can feel it coming. I've made some changes this week and I can totally see where I was going wrong the last few weeks.
Hope your having a great day!

dizzydazey said...

I think you did pretty well, too. And you remember everything you ate, so you couldn't have gone too crazy. :o)

Good Luck with getting back in gear. I totally hear you with the stomach stretching thing. The first few days back are the worst because I never feel satisfied with what I normally eat. It'll get back to normal and you'll be kickin ask again.

And, if it makes you feel any better, I had some broccoli & cheese soup last night. I guess it's the colder weather - I'm not much of soup eater. :o)

Have a Great Day!

Anonymous said...

I love your posts. They are so interesting. Can you do just me a huge favour? can you do spaces or something in your post so I can read it more easily? hehe. i would love that. :)

Angela Power said...

I can't believe SIL did that to preggo SIL - martha would not approve!

If you post your recipe for the muffins I can run it through the WW recipe builder and see what they come out like.

Holidays are tough and we have to be tough too. We have Christmas coming up as Carolyn talked about today so it's time for us to get tight fisted!