Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Guess what it does to ya?

So guess what eating an A&W mozza burger, 3 onion rings, toast with pb and jam, 2 diet cokes and 3/4 cup of yogurt for supper leads to? A 2lb gain on the scale! holy moly! Now it wasn't even 2 lbs of food so I know it's not like a real gain. And calorie-wise, it's probably around what I'd have had if I cooked up pasta or something. just sodium and greasy food when you're not used to it I guess. Hubby decided to bring supper home after his haircut since he knew I would be at the gym and not have time to make anything. Sweet in his own way, but I was AT THE GYM, I don't want to eat FAST FOOD! well I do want to, but you know.

So I went to the gym and I've been feeling so tired lately that we just ellipticalled instead of running. No biggie, a solid 30 minutes. Gym was packed cause the university employees are on strike so there's just really limited gym hours now (I go to university gym). Did manage to do some shoulder work which we didn't have time for in class and some chin-ups. They kill my hands still but are getting easier.

My hamstrings are still sore from mondays class and the elliptical yesterday. Boy I'll have fun at step tonight!

I guess today I'm going to guzzle the water like they're predicting a global water shortage (hmmm). I've already planned to have spaghetti and meatsauce for supper, so that's not too light. But with my class right away I have got to learn some damn portion control so I don't feel so full in the beginning. Good practice tonight I guess. Dessert if I need it is gonna be a pear. Mmm pears. As long as I remind myself that I can have a treat after class if I'm hungry I should be able to control myself. I never feel like it after class because it's basically bed time but if I want something I can have it. You're supposed to have post workout protein anyway right?

I really hope I see another loss this week. I'm feeling nice and skinny and 1 day of slight badness shouldn't cancel everything else out right?

I decided that on friday for my happy alone girly night I'm going to have a coffee crisp. Hubby likes chocolate bars for lunches and stuff and since I like saving money, I buy them on sale instead of him buying them at the gas station. Well I've got a coffee crisp in the cupboard that's got my name on it and I've been craving all week. ALMOST nabbed it yesterday but decided that I'd save it, and earn it by being good until then. Hopefully I'll love it twice as much friday. It's really helping me knowing that I CAN have it, just not yet. It's not like it's something I'll never be able to eat. Now I just have to figure out a way to do this with chips. but so far I just feel like I can never eat them (I go nuts on em!)

Not much else to report. Lunches have been homemade soup or homemade white chili and will probably be that all week and onward until I'm sick of it. I don't mind eating the same thing for lunch every day, no thinking required. So I like this make a big pot of something healthy on the weekend and eat it all week. We'll see how long I last at it.

That's it for now I guess. Lunch time.

6 comments:

Cory said...

The whole packed gym thing sucks. Although, as a univ employee myself, I kinda like the strike idea. :) I would try to organize a strike if I thought it would work out well for me. But where I work they would just hire new people!

Great idea on waiting to eat the snack. I like the idea of something not being off limits, just at certain times.

Anonymous said...

mmm. i have having veggie chili for lunch today.

eurydice said...

i've read that people who eat the same stuff all the time have greater success with losing weight, because it's easier to stay on plan. this article i read suggested eating the same things for breakfast and lunch (each day, not the same for breakfast AND lunch), and then switching up dinners. food for thought... or no thought haha.

Adora said...

that's interesting about the study of people who eat the same stuff all the time...because i hardly ever vary my meals except for dinner. and it might help, except for the times i just want something completely different - that's when i f**k up. i don't know what else to make or cook!

we made a big batch of turkey chili last night, so i'll be doing the ol' chili leftover routine for a few days too.

i'm sure that 2 pounds will melt away during step class!

Carolyn said...

A & W!! Mozza Burgers are soo soo good! Yum. I think they range around 500 cals or so. I looked them up a few weekends a go because I was craving one! It was the fat content that got me, I think it was over 35 g! Not to make you feel bad though. It's over, I'm sure you enjoyed every bite and now it's time to move on!

Mmm Chili sounds great! Hubby is making a huge pot this weekend and I am planning on freezing some lunch size portions for the week.

Too bad abotu the car but maybe it sounds like it will turn out to be a good thing?? Good luck!

Swizzlepop said...

Do you measure your food or eyeball it?

Also don't use that coffee crisp as a reward. Food is not a reward remember? If you want to treat yourself or indulge on a Friday night that is one thing but don't think of it as a reward for doing good all week. You knwo better (yea I'm giving you a mini buttkicking today. I know you love me for it ;P)