Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Overreaction on my part.

ok so it just turns out the SIL just hadn't gotten around to telling her folks because she wanted to tell her mom and dad together and her mom was at work until about 7. But even then, she told me that her parents and her and fiance were just sitting visiting and watching tv for like half an hour because she didn't know how to bring it up! Awkward! And her dad teased them about not getting permission and her mom tried to figure out all kinds of details of the wedding even though it's not going to be for 18 months or something and they only had 1 day to think about it! (I warned her about her mom based on my experiences as MIL but I'm sure she can deal with her much better than I could). Oh and she laughed when she heard my message because she could tell I was freaking out about it and it wasn't anything.

Right. so yesterday I went to buy groceries and I was expecting just a cheap one, almost wasn't going to get a cart, but then I realized it was dollar days AND coupon day (Extra Foods or Superstore is The cheapest place to buy groceries. Trust me) so I ended up spending $100. Had to buy lots of bad food for hubby's hunting. Did I mention that since you can't hunt on Sunday he's bringing the guys to stay over at our house and hang out all day? Awkward. It's his dad and 2 of his dad's friends. One was my grade 7 teacher and the other is the meat guy back home! And they'll be living in my house for 2 nights and one full day. So hubby wanted chips and pop and bacon and eggs and stuff (bad food, even though they're all in their 50's and at home they have to eat healthy because of bad hearts or whatever, hubby doesn't get that he should be offering healthy food since it looks sissy or something. So he's all about the temptation and fat. He always brings beer sausage or pickled fish or other stuff home for his dad but his dad can't eat it b/c of cholesterol so it sits in their fridge forever, until next time we come home and hubby brings more to replace it) Anyway, so I might make some healthy-ish food to munch on. Like i'll make chicken wings but also have my veggies and hummus. Maybe make some healthy brownies or cake. We'll see, maybe some chili with lots of veggies and lean bison meat. I assume they'll be watching the football game Sunday. Hubby can take care of the bacon (I don't like it and HATE cooking it) eggs etc. If I were to cook a big breakfast it would be all about the pancakes or waffles cause that's how I grew up. Rarely bacon and eggs but hubby grew up with that every weekend. But that totally takes away from my awesome "hubby's gone so I'm having a girly time to myself" weekend.

As for your suggestions about making Christmas cards, I love it. However, I've got an abundance of Christmas cards made from last year and the year before. I always make Christmas cards, but I have so few people that I send them to I always have left over. I might copy Lindsay and make some Christmas tags. However on that note, if anybody wants me to send them a homemade Christmas card email me your address and I will! Stamps are cheap and then I can use up these darn cards and make new ones! (rls757@gmail.com or a different address if you already know it, or in the comments if you don't care)

Yesterday supper was just bruschetta. Sorta, I just bought a french loaf on sale and took a couple slices and put tomato and onion on mixed with some feta and olive oil and baked it for a few minutes. Not the most substantial meal but I didn't have a lot of time before class. But I had 3 thin slices of bread, plus the rest of my fruit salad and then some of the stupid carmel cookie thing that hubby keeps forgetting to take. And it's losing it's awesome taste anyways so I'm throwing it away. Grr... Not a huge deal but I did feel full because of it and then my tummy felt sorta bad for the first bit of class. Yuck. Probably mostly because I just ate at 7 and class was at 8.

And the kickboxing stuff was really good. I sorta felt off a bit on a couple parts. Not sure why, I wasn't in my usual spot (at the front of the class...nerd) so that might have been it. But during the weight stuff I did a lot better at focusing on technique, particularly in the squats and even dropped weights when I never do because I could feel myself cheating it. I'm glad, even though my wimpy sister was there and she didn't drop weights and normally that kills me. But i'm good this time. It was better for my workout. I sorta hurt my back a little too somehow, so I guess I probably did have bad technique somewhere else. It's not bad at all though. I could totally tell that I hadn't had the class on halloween, I was just dying after each muscle group. But that's good. I love it. ;)

I got to bed a little later than I like to and woke up earlier than I like to so I'm sorta tired today. But I had my multi and I brought some almonds so I'm still gonna hit the gym after work for hopefully a run and some chin ups. Been seeing that 3 in the middle all week, now I just need to work on the last number changing! But it's coming!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I SO want a Christmas Card! I'll e-mail you my address! I love getting Christmas cards. Actually I pretty much love anything Christmas. I'm compleetly obsessed with the Holiday! I love everything about it.

The Bruschetta sound absolutely yummy. I wonder if it's dollar days at our Superstore as well. Hmm. Grocery night is this Thurs so I'll find out. How lame are we that we have a grocery night? I love grocery shopping and could seriously spend a few hours there.

Glad you are solidly (is that word?) in the 130s now! Good for you!

Also can you send me the spreadsheet? I want to make sure that we have everyone's WIs right. Maybe I should do an overhaul on it and get everyone to e-mail me their WIs from week one. It would be great if everyone posted the WIs on the sidebar like Angie does.
Anyway I'm rambling. Talk to you soon!

noelle said...

You are so awesome for going to the gym and your classes at night. I totally suck because when dinner is over I am DONE for the night. All about the couch at that point!

Sorry you'll have old men invading your girly weekend. That's really a bummer! Maybe they can entertain themselves and you can go out on your own?

I ate cooking bacon, too, but my family LOVES it. I always do it in the oven. 375 for about 20 minutes. Way less messy!

Kelly said...

good job with the kickboxing!! i love brushetta too---so yummy!! :)

and i thought i was the only person alive who hated bacon. i'm glad to know i have a fellow bacon hater out there. it really is not for me and i'm glad i don't like it. turkey bacon i will eat, but i wouldnt go ordering it or anything.

Adora said...

Just emailed you my info. Can't wait to see your creation!

Too bad you're not closer...the kickboxing sounds like FUN! And I need a kickboxing/workout buddy. My SO is starting to weigh me down and I'm ready to go to the next level.

The bruschetta sounds delicious. Martha would be proud. :D