Thursday, November 1, 2007

boring halloween

Seems I'm the only one who managed to not eat candy last night. That makes me a winner. Nana nana boo boo, I'm super awesome and you're not!

hehe, harsh.

In fact I'm not that super awesome and you're a little bit super awesome so don't worry about it. but don't eat any more halloween candy!

So last night I made supper of a baked potato with ground bison seasoned with taco seasoning, corn, onions and then a scoop of salsa. It was really crazy good. And small. I ate it on a small plate and it was just the size of a baked potato (meat and salsa replaced sour cream and bacon bits). I had a yogurt for dessert.

then the trick or treaters came. Some were so cute. I like the trend this year with little kid costumes having stuffed butts. Makes the little elephant and puppies look like cartoon babies. awesome. But it was crazy trying to keep Daisy from either eating the candy or eating the kids. Halfway got a workout from that. But I didn't count it as my workout, I walked Daisy for 1/2 an hour. Not a strenuous workout but it does count.

Then got back and hubby was sleeping on the couch, SIL was on the phone. So I cleaned up the kitchen and figured out something to do with my carmel. I made a...thing. I used a cookie recipe (oatmeal dad's cookies, slightly modified) and put it in the bottom of a casserole dish, cooked it 3/4 done, poured the caramel on top with chopped peanuts and cooked the rest of the way. Only I forgot it in the oven and cooked it much longer. So the carmel ended up melting through the cookie, sort of saturating it instead of being a topping. But it wasn't burnt. So I tried one little corner (about cookie size). And this is why I'm not totally super awesome. It wasn't candy, but cake isn't better. Bad news is, it was super awesome. So I'll probably cut it into squares and maybe freeze it for company or send it to hubby's work again. But at least I can do that. How would I have sent a bowl full of melted carmel to work? (katieo - too harsh for me? If I can dish it I better be able to take it. Granted since I'm so close to perfect I need to take it so rarely...)

You guys are right, I should have thrown it away. It's not like it was a lot of money. But I've really got a problem throwing good food away. Growing up in the depression... or something...

But the rest of the night was spent occupying my dog, putting more plastic on the windows and reading the paper on election coverage. Unfortunately I forgot to get ready for today so this morning was crazy and I forgot to take my multivitamin. Boo me. I hope it doesn't hit me later. I did manage to get my gym clothes, though they are sweaty and stinky ones. Oh well, no excuse. I'll be hitting the gym today.

Also, managed to grab a to go breakfast out the door. I made a plain 1% yogurt, protein powder mix (approx 200 calories, 14 g of protein) and grabbed a banana. But it's 9:40 now and I still haven't eaten the banana! Yay me! I'm waiting until I'm hungry instead of eating because it's there. woo hoo! I think i'll have it at 10:00 with a string cheese.

For lunch and snack I've packed:
pea soup (a large dish, but the calories are low, can't remember right now, lots of fibre too)
grapes
carrots
pineapple (fresh!)
2 string cheese
apple
yogurt (50 cal)

So everything but cheese and yogurt are fruits and veggies! I could be a vegetarian today! I have no guilt for eating fruits and veggies and pretty much let myself eat as much as I want. I know I have to watch the banana intake because they're so starchy (I don't go nuts on potatoes either). but carrots and grapes, to me equal free food. Seem fair?

Supper tonight I didn't really plan yet. I forgot to thaw anything out. Maybe some salmon. Maybe somebody else will cook. But I'm going to eat on a small plate and remember that I don't need to pig out, if I get hungry later I can eat.

And of course please remember tomorrow is WI day for the Christmas Challenge! Get your losses to me ASAP please and I'll compile and analyze the crap out of them and tell you who's amazing and who needs to pull their socks up (me!)

I did an informal WI this morning and I gained 0.2 lbs. So basically a maintain. We'll see how much damage I can do with 1 day of eating good and a gym visit.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I saw THE cutest little guy in a bumblebee costume last night! He was practically waddling because the costume was so bulky...haha. He looked nice and warm though!

marie said...

i was too busy trying to keep my nieces out of hedges to notice stuffed butts. serious?

Carolyn said...

My 21 month old niece dressed up as an Elephant and the costume was stuffed around the belly and bum...ADORABLE! I couldn't keep my eyes off her! Can't wait to have our own someday...Maybe I can!

Anyway yes I ate 5 mini chocolate bars. Boo me! I think though that I've realised that I respond much better to compassion and encouragement rather than to ass kickings. Guess that's why our the bad guy and I'm the good guy right? I think I'll use guilt to kick my own ass. (But thanks for the harsh words, sometimes a girl just needs em)

The caramel cookie thing sounds way too yummy. I wouldn't even be able to have that in the house! Good for you for only having a little corner! I'll send you my WI in the morning...although it's NOT going to be pretty

noelle said...

No candy for me...and no other treats either...so I am WAY maore super awesome than you! :P

I didn't see any stuffed butts either. Maybe it's a Canadian thing?