Monday, November 5, 2007

recap

So my weekend folks. well it was fine.

the end.






yeah right. me?

Friday involved me nagging the hubby because I didn't want to make supper. So he made (eventually) grilled ham and cheese. Then he worked saturday but I got up early and got so much done. I did a bunch of dishes, vacuuming, shopping (I bought a long sleeve exercise shirt in hot pink, and I looked DAMN good in it. my next progress shot), laundry, more baking, more cooking. All by noon. I made lemon meringue pie, white chili (chili made of chicken and white beans), pureed pumpkin, made bread (breadmaker), pumpkin seeds. I can't even remember, I just remember doing dishes over and over again. Eek.

I also watched a terrible football game. We lost bad. Not a good way to go into the first playoff game in 19 years!

It was just a great weekend for getting things done and also relaxing and doing nothing. I even had a nap.

Saturday night I convinced hubby to take me to a movie, we went to the Bee movie. It was so good! I'm not sure if it's because I haven't seen a movie in a theatre in so long I would have loved anything or if it was a real quality movie. I think it was quality. I love Seinfeld anyway and just hearing his voice can make me laugh.

Then we went to my brother's house because basically he feels like his life sucks (having a really hard time with school but doesn't even know what he wants to do so why is he doing this etc etc) and I gave him the lemon pie I made (I had 1 small slice) and some leftover chili. I gotta give food away more often. Have a little treat but then get rid of it!

We then went to a bar for a drink, I had a water and diet coke and hubby had ribs and booze. Whatever, we had a nice little date, even though there were other people there we sat with. We finally went home around midnight. Get home, and SIL and her boyfriend were hanging out (they actually called us to come home cause they were "bored". Huh?) Anyways, she got engaged! Such a shocker for us! It feels like she's so young and immature for this, but she's the exact same age I was, and has been going out with her BF for as long as I was. (she's 21 now, been with bf since 15). Her and her bf actually have a messed up relationship historically, but she tells us that he's different and that they're all good now. He's cheated on her before (in high school) and was generally a bad kid in high school, got in trouble with the cops, nothing serious, but like stunting and underage drinking and whatever. He has a lot of parent issues. At a couple points they broke up and got back together and broke up. Her parents HATED him and would have sit down interventions like every 6 months and whatever. They broke up for a good 6 months at one point and then her bf was really bad calling and threatening her and just always showing up where she was and I don't know what else. But her dad called his mom and was threatening a restraining order and stuff. (like this is 1 year ago) Also while they were broken up SIL whored it up a little bit so it makes me realize she's not completely innocent in the whole thing. ANYWAYS, since they got back together bf has been a complete angel and they've both settled down a bunch and are trying to buy a house and pay off debt and everything. So I guess it's good news and they have grown up in the last year. They'll probably get married in 2009 she figures. Anyway, it was very exciting in my house on saturday night talking wedding and proposals and asking permission and churches and stuff.

(hubby called his dad on sunday night about something and SIL had left sunday morning to go tell her parents and visit. But hubby says "so I imagine you've talked to K by now" and his dad's like "no about what?" and hubby did a smooth recovery and hid it but what the hell? They would have been home by noon and by 7 they still hadn't told him? What happened? I'm so intrigued, I haven't talked to her since, I'll ask her tonight and let you know, unless I'm the only one interested, I'll probably let you know anyway)

Right, anyway, then sunday involved more of the baking and cleaning and hanging out and stuff. It also involved bad eating. Nothing terrible, but there were no real meals. I had breakfast early, then nothing until 2, then just munched on stuff until 3, then wasn't hungry but people were coming over and it's rude to eat in front of company if you're not feeding them so I had to eat something at 5:00 and just sort of stuffed myself even more. And then I went to hubby's hockey game that night and bought a box of smarties. What? I go through halloween with no candy and then for no reason eat chocolate in public when I was full? I guess it's not a big deal and calories for the day are probably ok, just it was bad food and too unstructured.

Hubby's hockey game was nice, I go and another wife goes and we both hate hockey and it's only a rec team so nobody else is in the whole place and we just talk to each other the whole time and are hard pressed to even know who won let alone the score. But it's just a nice gossipfest.

Then it was home and bed and the end of a weekend!

I weighed this morning and it still said 139, but 139.8. So that chocolate wasn't doing my any favours. But back on track today. Lots of soup for lunches and fruit salad and hummus and veggies. Gonna grab some more eggs for breakfasts. Loving the string cheese with my snacks because it really keeps me full (yay protein) and I've got a full week with all my classes! (oh yeah, forgot to mention during the game I did some squats and weights and stuff like that, butt was even sore sunday so I did good) Today is kickboxing, tomorrow is gym, wednesday is step and thursday is gym. Then just *something* on the weekend.

Hubby's going hunting thursday so I'll be home alone-ish. Not sure about SIL. So the food will be more casual, more sandwiches or leftover type things, and I think i'll probably have a bit of a splurge on friday night with some popcorn and movies. I almost said chips or nachos but I'll have to be really good all day friday and through the weekend and that's not likely to happen, plus WIs friday should help me either refocus bc it's bad or revel in my new skinniness if it's good. Plus there's the big football game (first playoff in 19 years) on sunday (with holiday monday) so I may be having a mini party with lots of bad football food on sunday. I think I'll try and celebrate my chick night with diet rootbeer and a magazine and movies and a pedicure or something. I wanna think of something I really really want to do that I never get to. Maybe some sewing or scrapbooking or something. I'm open to suggestions!

Ok now the real end.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Do some sewing and scrapbooking! lol thats what i always do when DBF is gone and im bored!!

I love how your posts are always so long, love it!

PS - i tagged you, see my blog for details!

Angela Power said...

bahaha "revel in my new skinniness if it's good" lol loooove it!

Definately girl movies, diet pop, and healthy version movie treats...oh and trashy celeb gossip magazines. I never read those but feel the need in times like those. Or call a friend that you never get to talk to and catch up!

noelle said...

I'm all about yarny things. I love to crochet and am working on becoming a better knitter. People magazine is a good way to waste an afternoon, too!

Sounds like you had a full weekend! I am always so jealous of all your classes. I have never even been to a gym. How lame am I?

Adora said...

since you're into scrapbooking, how about making your own christmas cards to send out?

Carolyn said...

Ooohh the Christmas Card thing is a good one!

I love scrapbooking but usually do it with a few girl friends since I can steal/share all their cool stuff. When I have an ight alone, I usually grab a chick flick and a few of my favorite snacks, have a nice hot bath complete with music and candles if the mood strikes and then I curl up on the couch in my jammies and veg out. Or I'll call up my best friend for some serious shopping. Both are equally enjoyable!

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Congrats t SIL! Scott and I were engaged when I was 20, he was 23! Yikes. We were married when I was 21, he was 24. Sounds SOO corny but when you know, you know!

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eurydice said...

i wanna know why - about your SIL - spill the beans!