Friday, April 18, 2008

Reasons I love Katieo

1. She was the first person to ever comment on my blog. We all know how imporant those first comments are. Who knows if I would have stuck around and kept this up with out her.

2. She finds all the coolest videos and links and shares them. Also, I would never have found half of my other blogs and readers if not through Sister Skinny.

3. She's so normal. She has kids to deal with and real life issues getting in the way of her weight loss, including bad weather like me.

4. She did it anyway. She got down to her goal in what I'd call record time. I know she just bought her size 6 jeans, but I'm pretty sure she was talking about being able to wear them for awhile now.

5. She posted just about every day. For somebody who gets as bored as me at work, she's been very reliable for a good read. Plus see #4.

6. She would post good food ideas. From leaving veggies out all day to munch on, to introducing me to the Kashi brand for the first time, tres helpful.

7. She wasn't a runner, but she became a runner. Her comment to me when I was thinking about doing a race "they're so fun" really helped me decide for sure. Now she's doing a half marathon in August and I won't get to hear all about it...

8. She put cute pictures in almost every post. I realize the effort this takes as is evident by the complete lack of pictures almost ever.

9. Her blog became FAMOUS, as you can see in that video on her blog, it was on the whatever morning show, also in some magazine or something (I'm too lazy to find the link). But even famous, she was still so normal, humble, and NICE!

10. She almost always replied to comments.

11. She would frequently comment on my blog, and in the most encouraging and positive manner. She was my "you can do it" girl. and if I asked a question in my blog she would definately answer it.

12. She told me I was funny.

13. Lindsay Lohan went to her gym.

14. Her kids are adorable.

15. She is adorable.

16. She's like the cool friend you've got that is really too cool to be hanging out with you but doesn't realize she's that cool and thinks you're silly for saying stuff like that.

17. She knows how important strength training is.

18. She did cute/clever things like wrap up the scale at Christmas, hide chocolate bars, get workouts in by playing with her kids.

19. She made that freakin' adorable video that will be her last post. Just try and not get teary while watching it. I'm so proud of her for reaching her goal but I'm so freakin sad that she'll be gone.

20. Her advice and words have meant so much to me that i've had a lump in my throat for the last hour and a half thinking about saying good-bye.

I'll miss you.

2 comments:

katieo said...

She's like the cool friend you've got that is really too cool to be hanging out with you but doesn't realize she's that cool and thinks you're silly for saying stuff like that.

LOL! For the record, I've never been cool.

Really Randi, that was too much. I don't even know what to say except THANK YOU!!

You are a real friend. The fact that we don't know each other in real life is a mere formality.

I really need to keep a box of tissues next to me today...this one sent me over the edge!

Angela Power said...

awwwwwwww, Randi, you are adorable.